Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is an international non-governmental organization supporting relief and development work in over 99 countries around the world. CRS programs assist persons on the basis of need, regardless of creed, ethnicity or nationality. CRS works through local church and nonchurch partners to implement its programs, therefore, strengthening and building the capacity of these partner organizations is fundamental to programs in every country in which CRS operates. CRS has worked in Nigeria for more than 25 years.
We are recruiting to fill the position be:
Job Title: Warehouse Assistant – (Field Only)
Job ref.: 200000NO
Job Type: Full-time
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Employee Status: Entry Level
Job: Operations and Administration
- You will support activities related to warehouse maintenance and goods receipt, storage handling, monitoring, and dispatch in support of the delivery of high-quality programming to the poor and vulnerable.
- You will help ensure goods entrusted to the organization by donors are maintained applying established standards and in compliance with CRS and donor regulations, and international and local supply chain accountability standards and requirements.
- Support the maintenance of warehousing / storage facilities, conducting regular inspection and cleaning of facilities.
- Assist with the preparation of the warehouse / storage facilities for goods receipt and dispatch and assists with loading and offloading activities.
- Help prepare necessary documents for goods receipt, dispatch, damage, loss, and disposal, and file records per established standards.
- Coordinate activities to ensure warehousing / storage facilities and all the necessary equipment and supplies are secured and maintained in excellent physical condition and quantities for proper storage and safeguarding of goods; and conducts routine daily inspections and takes immediate action to eliminate damages and deficiencies
- Help coordinate receiving (offloading, checking and verifying quantities/weight and quality) and dispatch (packing, labeling, loading); and ensures verification, preparation, and maintenance of accurate, complete, and up-to-date documentation on all goods received and shipped
- Plans and supervises the work of day laborers.
- Assist the Operations Manager with the storage and inspection of goods to ensure that they are in excellent condition; and provides support in damage and/or loss handling and replenishment of goods ensuring that adequate stock levels are maintained in accordance with program needs
- Support an efficient and reliable inventory stock control system for goods and warehouse materials / equipment; and oversees maintenance of an up-to-date stock ledger
- File and distributes documents as required; and assists with the preparation of reports related to goods movements, damage, or loss, inventory stock control, and warehouse activities.
Key Working Relationships
- Internal: Operation Manager, Program Managers, Program Officers
- External: other INGO staff, government workers
- A minimum of University degree or HND in related field is required.
- Minimum of 2 years work experience in a similar position.
- Knowledge and understanding of warehouse and inventory practices.
- Able to use MS Office Excel and Word.
- Completion of NYSC
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ethical conduct in accordance with recognized professional and organizational codes of ethics.
- Good communication and relationship management skills.
- Proactive, resourceful, solutions-oriented and results-oriented
- Supervisory Responsibilities; None
- Required Languages – English and Hausa
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff):
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results:
- Continuous Improvement & Innovation
- Builds Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Strategic Mindset
- Accountability & Stewardship
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas.
- We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need. CRS’ processes and policies reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
- Disclaimer:? This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
- CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
- CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer