The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Programme Policy Officer (Operational Administration)
Job ID: 144281
Reporting line: Head of RAM
Contract type: Fixed term
Duration: 12 Months renewable
Entry of Duty: ASAP
Under the direct supervision of the Head of Ram and general supervision of DCD Operations, the incumbent will:
- Contribute towards the development of a limited number of projects, plans and processes, ensuring alignment with wider Programme policies and guidance.
- Provide project management support to specific and defined programmes and projects of small to moderate size that are relatively straight forward in nature, ensuring a coordinated approach with wider programmes that complies with WFP standards and procedures.
- Follow data gathering and monitoring systems ensuring that rigorous quality standards are maintained.
- Research and analyses policy and operational issues to support senior colleagues in the development of policies, programmes and activities.
- Contribute to the preparation of accurate and timely reporting on programmes and activities that enable informed decision making and consistency of information presented to stakeholders.
- Liaise with internal counterparts to ensure effective collaboration, monitor ongoing projects.
- Support the identification, development and management of potential partnerships to collaborative working leading to improved food assistance packages.
- Support the capacity building of WFP staff, partners and national government to prepare for and respond to food assistance needs, e.g. through project management support of learning initiatives.
- Provide guidance to support staff, acting as a point of referral and assisting them with analysis and queries.
Other Specific Job Requirements
- As COMET administrator (country office tool to manage effectively), provide overall guidance and technical support to all COMET users in Nigeria, including travel when necessary.
- Maintain and update the COMET SOPs and train, communicate its content to all Nigeria CO and AO staff. Closely interact with administrators of other WFP information systems (LESS, WINGS, BPT) and contribute to cross-platform solutions.
- Working closely with RAM officers who provide vulnerability figures, review and update needs-based plans and implementation plans, adjusting as necessary for demographics, overlaps and double counting.
- Perform regular quality control checks on all uploaded data within implementation module including reporting and validation rates, beneficiary number reconciliation with legacy data sources, and provide technical support to the Cash-Based-Transfers (CBT) reconciliation team.
- Develop and maintain dashboards for reporting distribution plans and achievements, COMET data entry status, and COMET-LESS reconciliation status.
- Coordinate and support facilitation of COMET trainings, workshops, and one-on-one learning
- Supervise one COMET assistant, support and provide back-up to the M&E/COMET focal points in field offices
- Interphase directly with donor relations and Programme units on M&E inputs to donor-specific proposals and reports as relates to output figures
- Work with regional and headquarters focal points in pilot and full implementation centrally designed information system solutions.
- Support the RAM team in shared objectives and represent the team when delegated.
- Weekly status reports on COMET reconciliation and data entry
- Monthly dashboard for planning and reporting in COMET, to be released at defined dates
- Monthly note for the record from reconciliation committee meetings
- High quality inputs to donor proposals, progress and final reports as required
- High-quality inputs to the ACR and other corporate reports as related to COMET data.
- Updated needs-based plans based on latest vulnerability figures from RAM.
Desired Experiences For Entry Into The Role:
- Experience with WFP systems and standards
- Data manipulation skills in Excel, Tableau/PowerBI, and SQL
- Analytical capacity, attention to detail, resourcefulness, initiative, maturity of judgment, tact
- Ability to communicate clearly both orally and in writing
- Ability to establish effective working relations with persons of different backgrounds
- Ability to cope with situations which may threaten health or safety
- Flexibility in accepting work assignments outside normal desk description
- Has gained experience in implementing technical programs (i.e. nutrition, etc.).
- Has implemented programmes and provided input into designing operations.
- Has provided input into policy discussions and decisions.
- Minimum 3 years of professional experience in humanitarian sector, including 1-year work experience in an UN agency.
- Advanced University Degree in International Affairs, Economics, Nutrition/Health, Agriculture, Environmental Science, Social Sciences, Statistics or other field relevant to international development assistance, or First University Degree with additional years of related work experience and/or trainings/courses.
- Fluency (level C) in the English language.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online