United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) was created in 1950, during the aftermath of the Second World War, to help millions of Europeans who had fled or lost their homes. We had three years to complete our work and then disband. Today, over 65 years later, our organization is still hard at work, protecting and assisting refugees around the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Reporting Associate
Job ID: 23170
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Salary Grade: G6
Hardship Level: E
Family Location Type: Non-Family
- The Reporting Associate will fulfil internal and external reporting requests. S / he is supervised by the Reporting Officer or another professional staff depending on the staffing structure of the Office.
- The incumbent receives regular guidance and advice from the supervisor. Advice and operational support may also be received from other senior staff and support units at the Country Office / HQ.
- The incumbent will establish strong liaison with both internal and external parties, including Donors, UN Agencies, and Implementing and Operational partners.
- The reporting requirements are fulfilled accurately and in a timely manner.
- Stay abreast with the operational developments and assist in the preparation of briefing notes and reports.
- Assist in the consolidation of data and facilitate the preparation of periodic reports including Sitreps, Fact Sheets and other activity-specific reports.
- Liaise with internal and external partners to gather information.
- Work closely with Information Management Unit to ensure accurate and standard data presentation.
- Assist in the development of funding submissions, appeals and reports.
- Prepare and distribute meeting minutes.
- Consolidate and provide inputs for donor reports.
- Perform any related other duties as required.
- Enforce compliance with reporting requirements.
Essential Minimum Qualifications and Professional Experience Required
Define the educational background, the relevant job experience and the language(s) that are essential to perform the work of the position:
- Completion of the Secondary Education with certificate / training in Journalism or International / Humanitarian law or other related fields.
- Minimum 3 years relevant experience with High School Diploma; or 2 years relevant work experience with Bachelor or equivalent or higher.
- Excellent communication and strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent knowledge of English and local language.
(In offices where the working language is not English, excellent knowledge of UN working language of duty station and working knowledge of English.)
Desirable Qualifications & Competencies:
- Completion of relevant UNHCR training programmes.
- Experience with dealing with the public and diverse stakeholders.
- Organizational Awareness
- Teamwork & Collaboration
- Commitment to Continuous Learning
- Client & Result Orientation
- Analytical Thinking
- Technological Awareness
- Planning and Organizing
- Please also note that English is essential for this Job Opening.
- Knowledge of local Language is highly recommended
Application Closing Date
23rd November, 2020 at 11:59 pm.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Additional Information and Notice
- A written test will be conducted for this position which will be followed by a competency-based interview.
- Please note that UNHCR does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview, meeting, travelling, processing, training or any other fees).
- This position is advertised open to internal and external applicants.
Procedures and Eligibility:
- Interested applicants should consult the Administrative Instruction on Recruitment and Assignment of Locally Recruited Staff (RALS).