Microsoft Corporation is an American multinational technology company with headquarters in Redmond, Washington. It develops, manufactures, licenses, supports, and sells computer software, consumer electronics, personal computers, and related services. Its best known software products are the Microsoft Windows line of operating systems, the Microsoft Office suite, and the Internet Explorer and Edge web browsers.
At Microsoft our mission and values are to help people and businesses throughout the world realize their full potential.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Technical Designer – Web Frameworks
Job Number: 933653
Job Type: Full Time
- Our team is looking for a technical designer who cares as much about “how” products are built as the “what.”
- We are focused on designing and building tools that enable developers to create the best experiences possible on our platform
- The Mixed Reality Toolkit has a growing following for both Unity and Unreal. Web technologies are the next frontier
- There is no bigger opportunity than empowering an ecosystem of over 20+ million web developers to begin creating experiences for Mixed Reality.
- Come and join us in delivering the next wave of holographic experiences!
As a Technical Designer, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Improve the existing Mixed Reality web experience to increase engagement & reduce developer pain (documentation, tutorials, reference).
- Develop a plan to bring multiple web properties into one, shared system.
- Contribute high-quality code components and samples to web-based frameworks and toolkits.
- Partner with industry-leading Engineers, Artists, Producers, and Designers.
- Think across the organizational seams and boundaries.
- Work with state-of-the art next generation hardware, sensors, and software.
- 5+ years of industry experience.
- Master of app frameworks such as React and Node.js.
- Expert with webGL 3D frameworks like Three.js and Babylon.js.
- Experience designing and delivering projects including consumption of APIs from third parties.
- Experience with content management systems.
- Experience designing and building responsive and accessible web experiences that work across devices and scale for a global audience.
- Ability to understand and contribute to technical documentation.
- Awareness of current and emerging design and technology trends.
- Able to solve cross-browser compatibility issues.
- A fast learner, self-motivated, and focused; with the ability to work independently while bringing together collaborators for feedback and support.
- Excellent listening skills, with an appreciative and collaborative approach to design, and the ability to gather and respond to feedback from partners within design and develop across disciplines.
- Experience in back-end development.
- Familiarity with Game engines (Unity, Unreal) and/or deploying game engine runtimes to web.
- Additional programming language experience, C# and C++.
- 3D art pipeline and creation tool experience.
- GLSL or other shader experience.
Benefits and Perks
- Industry leading healthcare
- Savings and investments
- Giving programs
- Educational resources
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Discounts on products and services
- Generous time away.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online