ipNX Nigeria Limited is one of Nigeria’s fastest growing Information and Communications Technology companies. In our business, we connect everything – people, information, and services.
We are specialized in network connectivity, and delivery of internet, telephony, television as well as cloud-based software application services to corporate and residential customers.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Team Lead, Projects
Job ID: 74
Function: Project Delivery Coordination
Reporting to: Head, Deployment
Travel Frequency: Occasional
Purpose of the Job
- The Team Lead, Projects will be responsible for coordinating award-to-deployment activities for projects, in line with standard deployment process and project management principles.
- The TL will also manage customers / stakeholders expectation by proactively notifying them about project issues and their overall impact on schedule & expected delivery dates.
- The role will involve routine visits / spot checks at project sites to ensure on-site challenges are resolved in a timely manner, while meeting scope, quality and project delivery dates.
Expected Key Results
- Effective Project Deployment Coordination
- Accurate & Consistent Reporting of Project Status
- Proactive Control of Project Risk & Issues.
- Quality Assurance and Scope Control
- Documentation, Test and Completion Reports Compliance
Educational Qualifications & Functional Skills
- Academic: Degree or HND in Telecoms, Engineering or Applied Sciences.
- Project Management Certification required.
- Certifications in Fibre Optic Cabling, CFOT or FOA will be an added advantage.
- Proven track record of leading field teams to successfully deliver fibre projects (FTTH / P2P) in Estates / MTU, within city high streets and on major highways.
- Sound knowledge of telecom industry best practices, norms, technical requirements & documentation for fiber projects (FTTH & P2P).
- An inherent culture of network documentation (as-build drawing, OTDR test, splice report sheets, e.t.c.)
- Familiar with HSE standards and practices, including Job Hazard Analysis (JHA) skills.
- Excellent quality assurance & cost management skills.
- Proficient use of design soft wares e.g. AutoCAD, Visio, GIS tools e.t.c.
- Proficient use of data analytics software, e.g. Excel, Word, Google live sheets.
- Excellent communication skills (written & oral).
- Ability to solve complex problems in record time using honed analytical skills.
- Capacity to provide adequate leadership to project supervisors & contractor teams. Have a result-focused team with bias for meeting project delivery targets, over and above a fixation on activities.
- Have a strong culture of effective planning with end-to-end view/understanding of project objectives, assumptions and risks.
- Tech & automation savvy. Have a strong bias for innovation & systems-thinking.
- Display customer centricity in response to requests, project delivery speed, team and stakeholder engagement.
- At least 4 years working in the telecommunications industry, with experience in fiber network deployment
- FTTH and P2P fiber maintenance experience i.e. ability to splice and terminate fiber using splice machines, test, analyze & resolve fiber link issues using OTDR, Light Source/Power Meters (LSPM) & VFL, properly identify fiber cores by colour & codes.
- Good experience working in organizations with integrated OSS/BSS applications.
- Bias for Action
- Result Oriented
- Customer Focus
- Tech savvy
- Highly innovative
- Ability to optimize work processes
- Self development
- Nimble Learning
Application Closing Date
30th September, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online