IHS Towers is the largest independent mobile telecommunications infrastructure provider in Europe, Africa and the Middle East. Founded in 2001, IHS provides services across the full tower value chain – colocation on owned towers, deployment and managed services.
Today IHS Towers has operations in Nigeria, Cameroon, Côte d’Ivoire, Zambia and Rwanda. Following the recent acquisitions of MTN and Etisalat’s tower portfolios in Nigeria, IHS owns over 23,300 towers in Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Specialist, Technical Audit
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- IHS Towers are currently recruiting for a Specialist, Technical Audit. In this role, you contribute towards optimization of network services across sites and provide support to all active equipment vendors.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Implement technical audit plans by carrying out inspection of all critical telecoms infrastructure equipment. Make recommendations based on audit findings to enhance and improve operations and performance.
- Contribute towards development of short-to-medium-range plans for territorial uplift and network performance.
- Ensure sites are operated and maintained to best industry standards.
- Manage 2nd-level intervention of major and/ or minor systems faults across assigned region.
- Develop, implement and maintain an efficient knowledge transfer mechanism for regional operations team.
- Produce and distribute weekly and monthly reports on all audited sites.
- Ensure continuous improvement of processes and procedures to foster efficiency and power systems optimization.
- Provide 2nd-level intervention for Field Service Engineers (FSEs) to perform at the highest level, especially in terms of delivery and meeting target deadlines.
- Contribute towards identifying training needs of FSEs.
- Contribute towards continuous search for alternative sources of power which are cost-effective and environmentally friendly.
- Perform other tasks and duties as assigned by the Manager, Technical Audit.
Experience & Qualifications Required
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical / Electronics Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or other related disciplines.
- Project management certification(s).
- +7 years’ experience in the telecoms environment, including experience in design, implementation and maintenance/ management of power/ cooling systems, active operations & maintenance, and vendor management.
- Be Bold
- Customer Focus
- Network Performance Analysis/ Reporting
- Project Management
- Service Quality Management
- Data Analysis & Reporting
- Active Systems – Radio, Tx, etc.
- Passive Equipment Knowledge – Cooling, AC, DC, etc.
- Workload Management
- Fault Management & Root-Cause Analysis
- Collaboration & Teamwork
- Continuous Learning
Application Closing Date
6th October, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online