Paga is a licensed financial services company and a leading payments company in Nigeria with a massive transformative purpose – to make it simple for one billion people to access and use money. It was founded on the simple belief that the ubiquity of mobile phones can be leveraged in building an ecosystem that enables people to digitally send and receive money and creating simple financial access for everyone.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Software Delivery Manager
Location: Yaba, Lagos
Department: Product Development
Sector: Financial Services / FinTech
Reports to: CTO
- Our purpose at Paga is to make it simple for 1 billion people to access and use money. We do that by delivering innovative financial services to the mass market across large, underserved markets.
- We were founded on the simple belief that the growing ubiquity of the internet and mobile phones enables us to build an ecosystem that empowers everyone to digitally send and receive money and to use simple but meaningful financial services.
- At Paga we value above all else, Collaboration, Ownership, Results Orientation, Integrity and Innovation (CORII).
- As a Senior Software Delivery Manager at Paga, you will own the day to day responsibility for the running of the software delivery process, providing leadership, focus, guidance, and coordination to drive multiple cross-functional Agile teams to deliver functionality across Paga’s many delivery platforms.
- Agile software delivery – Apply agile software principles as tailored to Paga’s operations to oversee the development lifecycle for teams applications and services, collaborating closely with software developers and managers to architect and curate the best technical design, and implementation and maintenance practices. Work with Team Leaders, Solution Architects, Product Owners, and Business Stakeholders in the roadmap definition process. Work with Support, Services, and Release management functions to roll out new features to Production and support the product in the field.
- Communication – Foster an environment of excellent communication to consistently maintain clarity and transparency about the software delivery process across a variety of company stakeholders.
- Project Management – Manage, execute, and communicate project plans and delivery commitments to maximize the performance of software teams while maintain a good and motivating working climate. Collaborate closely with UX, QA, Technical Writers, Solution Architects, and DevOps teams to deliver functionality within our regular release cycles.
- Process Improvement – Work with your team to continuously drive improvements in quality, productivity, and the software development processes, and champion best practices. Take a leadership role in the continuous evaluation and improvement of the software delivery practices in use at Paga.
- Recruitment & Human Capital Development – Help in the hiring, mentor, develop and maintain best-of-class software development teams. Assist in the coaching and mentoring current and future leaders within the team. Build and execute on training & Individual growth plans for the team.
- Team Leadership – Take a lead role in coordinating and fostering team development events (both social and professional) and with a view to maintaining a strong and positive team culture.
- Risk Management – Serve as a risk-management liaison for the product development team, working closely with the Paga Risk and Compliance teams to coordinate several risk management and audit activities for the product development team
- Business Impact Awareness, Pragmatism – Understands the tradeoffs between technical, analytical and product goals, and strive to create solutions that satisfy all of these goals
- Vision & Strategic Perspective – Engages consistently in the strategic decision-making process. Help develop and grow the technical vision for the Paga business and engage meaningfully in the strategic development of the overall business. Consistently communicates strategic context and understanding to the broader team
- Ownership & Results Orientation – Demonstrates self-motivation and initiative taking in personal and professional level. Takes decisive and accurate action to deliver value. Accepts responsibility for outcomes even when elements are not within his/her control, providing a balanced and objective explanation. Supports and encourages others to adopt a constructive attitude to the successful completion of work responsibilities. Share own successes and praise others for motivation. Motivates colleagues through their own enthusiasm and willingness to learn.
- Integrity – Is honest without fail. Treats everyone with respect. Expresses an interest in the way people behave, recognizing the importance of attitudes and motives. Acknowledges the good work of others. Pays close attention to the needs of others.
- Policy Adherence – Keeps up to date with rules and regulations. Applies policies, processes and procedures to daily working. Identifies and proposes solutions for improvements to ways of working.
- Communication – Expresses ideas or facts clearly. Good written and verbal communication skills. Promotes two-way communication with others through correct interpretation of messages and appropriate responses.
- Communicates in a non-threatening way. Shows empathy.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- At least 6 years of professional experience in a software development environment, at least 3 of which were in an Agile environment.
- At least 3 years as manager of team, team or technical leaders.
- Well recognized as a collaborator and team player, able to bridge communication gaps that commonly occur between teams.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with local and remote technical contributors with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences.
- Exceptionally well-organized, pragmatic, and transparent.
- Creative problem solver.
- Ability to multitask very well
- Experience with the OKR framework is a plus
Applicationn Closing Date
How to Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity inclusion. We do not discriminate on grounds of colour, race, nationality, religion, age, ethnic origin, disability, gender, marital status, or sexual orientation in our employment practices.