Christian Aid (CA) is a UK-based international NGO, partnering with others to end poverty in Africa. At the heart of this vision is the transformation of the lives of people who live in poverty, empowering them to have a brighter future. Christian Aid works in more than 30 countries and has been operating in Nigeria since 2003. The Nigeria Country programme focuses on Community Health and HIV, Accountable Governance including humanitarian response and Gender.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Senior Operations Coordinator
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Type of contract: Fixed Term
Contracted hours: 35
Contract length: 12 months
About the Role
- The role will be responsible for leading Christian Aid’s operations in the North East and providing support to the program delivery. He/she will be responsible for leading and coordinating the units responsible for procurement, logistics & fleet management, human resources, warehousing & commodity management, administration, and ICT within the humanitarian response to enable the team to function smoothly and effectively.
- Proactively taking responsibility for making things work, ensuring smooth day to day operations, ensuring that sub-offices function optimally, blocking all wastages and loopholes
- while managing the relationship and performance of external suppliers and service providers. She/he will support Christian Aid’s funded programs which are implemented by Christian Aid and its partners in Borno and other northeast states.
- The role holder will be representing Christian Aid in sector working group meetings/activities and engage in the right networks. The role reports to the Head of Operations.
- The post holder should have a first degree in any of the social sciences (business administration, public administration, economics, etc), with 5-7 years of work experience in a similar role in a humanitarian response program.
- An advanced degree and experience working with international organizations will be an added advantage. The post holder should have sound knowledge of managing and handling complex procurements in a rapid response program and experience in managing budgets.
- The candidate should have a positive attitude with the ability to manage a wide range of complicated issues.
- The candidate should have excellent leadership skills with at least three years of experience in managing and leading a team.
- The candidate should be good-natured with a can-do attitude, have good interpersonal skills, a high sense of responsibility, proactive, reliable, and trust-worthy. Knowledge of the North East contest will be an added advantage.
As part of your application you will be asked to demonstrate your suitability by giving answers to the following questions:
- Tell us about a time when you had to make recommendations or take decisions after analysing data, information and other evidence. What was the background? What recommendations or decisions did you have to take? What was your particular task or responsibility? What actions did you take? How did you analyse the information and data? What was the outcome?
- Please tell us about a time when you were able to take action to end or reduce the inefficient use of resources. What was the context?What was expected of you? What action(s) did you take? What was the impact of your actions? In what way(s) were you successful?
- Tell us about a time when you handled a difficult issue with someone else with openness, honesty and respect. What was the context? What did you have to do? What did you say and how? What was the result? If you were successful, how did you know?
Salary & Currency
- N9,871,478 annually.
- The Salary and Currency for this role will be aligned to Band D of the Country Payscale where the role will be based and will be offered as appropriate based on the salary information attached or provided alongside this vacancy announcement.
- You can expect a wide range of rewards and benefits, including a generous holiday allowance, a season ticket loan, and flexibility that will ensure you enjoy a good work/life balance.
Application Closing Date
22nd November, 2020.
1st December, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- This role requires applicants to have the right to work in the country where this position is based.
- We value diversity and aspire to reflect this in its workforce. We welcome applications from people from all sections of the community, irrespective of race, colour, gender, age, disability, religion or belief.
- You can expect a wide range of rewards and benefits, including a generous holiday allowance and flexibility that will ensure you enjoy a good work/life balance.
- Christian Aid is committed to providing a safe and trusted environment for every person connected to the work we do; and to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour including sexual harassment and exploitation, abuse, and financial misconduct. Any candidate offered a job with Christian Aid is expected to share and demonstrate our values and adhere to Christian Aid’s Safeguarding policy and sign Christian Aid’s Code of Conduct.