IHS Towers is the largest independent mobile telecommunications infrastructure provider in Europe, Africa and the Middle East. Founded in 2001, IHS provides services across the full tower value chain – colocation on owned towers, deployment and managed services.
Today IHS Towers has operations in Nigeria, Cameroon, Côte d’Ivoire, Zambia and Rwanda. Following the recent acquisitions of MTN and Etisalat’s tower portfolios in Nigeria, IHS owns over 23,300 towers in Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Manager, Network Systems
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- IHS Towers are currently recruiting for a Senior Manager, Network Systems. As a key member of our Network Operations Centre (NOC) management team, you will be accountable for ensuring availability and operationalization of advanced NOC tools.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Establish policies, processes, and procedures in line with best practice.
- Ensure systems availability and compliance with relevant ISO and SOX standards.
- Oversee tracking and resolution of systems issues.
- Ensure an up-to-date registry and documentation of tools is maintained.
- Identify, negotiate, and agree in-house quality procedures, standards, and/ or specifications.
- Prepare management/ technical reports and customer charters.
- Foster insights-driven operations through ongoing recording, analyses, and distribution of statistical information based on integrity, accuracy, and validity of data.
- Assess customer requirements and ensure they are met.
- Lead planning, design and implementation of NOC systems and tools roadmap.
- Project-manage systems deployment, optimization, and integration.
- Manage Project Statement of Work (SoW) and deliverables.
- Manage requirements gathering and transformation of business requirements into specifications document.
- Manage & document the change control process.
- Be fully responsible for remote access to IHS sites and ensure the telemetry systems for managing the same evolve along with IHS requirements.
- Drive achievement of quality objectives by ensuring delivery of effective training, scheduling, and coaching interventions for team-members.
- Communicate performance expectations – by setting goals and ensuring that on-the-job performance is continuously monitored, reviewed, and appraised.
- Act as a catalyst for change and improvement in performance/ quality.
- Perform quality control on the service desk teamwork output and implement industry best practices.
- Perform other tasks and duties as assigned by the Associate Director, NOC
- Be Bold
- Customer Focus
- Process Improvement
- Analytical Thinking
- Business Communication
- Use of NMS tools, e.g. OSS, iManager, Netnumen, etc.
- Use of RMS tools, e.g. AIO, INALA, Hydromonit, etc.
- Use of Work Management tools, e.g. OWS, REMEDY, HP Work Management, etc.
- Designing integration protocols for NOC tools
- Workload Management
- Collaboration & Teamwork
- Attention to Detail
Experience & Qualifications Required
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical / Electronics Engineering, Computer Science, and other relevant disciplines.
- +12-13 years’ relevant experience in NOC environment with demonstrable responsibilities spanning technical/ operations support, workforce management, performance optimization, and project management.
- Intermediate knowledge of IT infrastructure, protocols & best practices preferably acquired in a role supporting NOC tools and systems
- Basic understanding of internet of things (IoT) and its application in a NOC environment.
Application Closing Date
6th October, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online