Nokia is a global leader in the technologies that connect people and things. With state-of-the-art software, hardware and services for any type of network, Nokia is uniquely positioned to help communication service providers, governments, and large enterprises deliver on the promise of 5G, the Cloud and the Internet of Things.
Serving customers in over 100 countries, our research scientists and engineers continue to invent and accelerate new technologies that will increasingly transform the way people and things communicate and connect.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Legal Counsel – CEWA
Ref No: 2000000FWP
- Lead all legal support to the business in dedicated major accounts in CEWA
- As part of the legal department’s dynamic resourcing plan, provide support to Nokia’s other regional business
- Providing legal advice on a wide range of agreements with the customers and other business partners
- Provide legal training and education to business colleagues on Nokia policies, commercial law, compliance and other relevant legal matters for the sub-region and company
- Run multiple legal risk management initiatives in the sub-region to install a positive, world class legal compliance culture and full adherence to internal and external governance requirements
- To review current processes in the organization, identify improvements and lead the change process
- Coordinate with all functions in identifying, developing and implementing improvements in line with Nokia standards, processes and policies
- Unquestionable level of integrity with the ability to work as an enabler to the business in line with company policy and procedures
- Provide legal guidance and support to Nokia’s business for day-to-day activities and work with the CEWA and MEA L&C team as part of the legal department’s dynamic resourcing plan, to provide support to Nokia’s other regional business
- Reviewing, drafting and negotiating contracts with third parties
- Proactively manage legal risks arising from complex business transactions
- Supports ethics and compliance initiatives
- Keeps the Sales Teams informed about the changes in legislation and relevant legal topics affecting the business
- Provides legal guidance in tenders alongside the contract management and other functions
- Follow up of Company secretarial work.
Key Responsibilities / Primary Functions
- Acts as a source of expert current knowledge of all legal, ethics & compliance programs and supports the development of an effective and pragmatic compliance culture
- Initiates a communication program that ensures a clear understanding of legal compliance standards required of individuals conducting high risk activities in the business
- Assess level of compliance with established policies, procedures and standards, across the organization as well as adequacy of internal controls within business, financial processes and operations
- Performs proactive risk assessment to identify business processes in the sub-region and region which may represent a risk for the company, with an emphasis on financial, business controls and efficient business processes
- Responsible for reporting and escalating risks, legal issues and best practices
- Coordinate with all functions in identifying, developing and implementing improvements in response to legal requirements, legislation changes and company policy requirements
Skills Required and Key Competencies:
- Graduate Degree in Law / Jurisprudence from recognized institution in a civil code law and / or common law based jurisdiction
- LLM; other post graduate legal or business degree / specialization
- 8 – 12 years PQE
- Excellent English drafting and communication skills
- Experience of working in a multi-national or regional company legal department.
- Excellent academic record and working references / credentials
- Experience in ethics and compliance, Foreign Corrupt Practices Act and UK Bribery Act
- Experience in the IT, technology, projects, software, telecommunications industry.
- Work experience in the CEWA region
- Very strong individual contributor
- Strong leadership and business relationship skills
- Experienced in commercial, technology, IPR, business, labour, contract and competition law.
- Experienced in negotiating and drafting infrastructure and technology, business development, including those agreements covering a number of markets
- Excellent communication (oral and written) skills
- Fluent in written and oral English.
- Ability to interact effectively and professionally with all levels of management and third parties
Key Internal Interfaces:
- Member of the Key Account Management Leadership Team. Effective contributing member of the CEWA, MEA and Global L&C teams.
- Ability to provide legal guidance and support to the business in a complex sector and region
- Balancing the willingness to support the growth agenda and the management of the legal risks arising from high risk market conditions.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online