Obong University is built on a foundation of Christian values and the highest standards of academic excellence. At Obong, students are empowered to improve their competence and independence in ways that prepare them to be of benefit to society and God’s kingdom.
Obong University is located in the quiet country town of Obong Ntak and offers an excellent environment for academic activities and self-development. We are proud of the friendly, neighborly atmosphere of the surrounding community that visitors find to be highly refreshing.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Registrar
Location: Obong Ntak, Akwa Ibom
- The Registrar is the Chief Administrative Officer of the University and is responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the day-to-day administration of the University
- The Registry is the repository of University documents and records
- The Registrar is the Secretary to the Council, University Senate, Congregation and Convocation and their Committees.
- The Registrar must be a great manager of people and resources, have excellent leadership qualities and interpersonal and social skills
- He must have excellent communication skills – oral, written, and computer literacy
- The Candidate should be a Christian – preferably a member of the Church of Christ
- The right candidate must have the ability to develop relationships with the university community, external communities and other stakeholders to build support for the needs of the University
- He must enjoy good health and not be more than 60 years old.
Qualifications and Experience
- A good (Honors) Degree in Arts, Humanities, Management or related fields from a recognized university plus fifteen (15) years relevant administrative experience in University or comparable Institution, with a minimum of five (5) years at the Deputy Registrar level
- Possession of relevant Higher Degree or Postgraduate Professional qualification(s) in appropriate field(s) is recommended
- Applicant with international experience will have an added advantage
- Preference will be given to candidates with Distance Learning Education (current trend in COVID-19 era).
Terms and Conditions of Service
- The Appointment is for a term of five (5) years with possible renewal for a second term of five (5) years
- The remuneration and other conditions of service are as shall be approved by the University Council.
Application Closing Date
15th September, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are required to submit fifteen (15) copies of their Application, Curriculum Vitae and photocopies of their credentials. The Curriculum Vitae should highlight the following in the order indicated below:
- Full name (surname first in capital letters)
- Place and Date of Birth
- Marital Status
- Number and Ages of Children
- E-mail address
- Telephone number
- Postal Address
- Permanent Home Address
- State of Origin and LGA
- Schools Attended and Qualifications obtained with dates
- Current Employment and Positions held with dates
- Previous Employment(s) / Position(s) / Date(s)
- Membership of Professional Bodies
- Names and Addresses of three (3) Referees with email addresses and phone numbers.
Each applicant should request each of his / her referees to forward, direct to the Registrar, a confidential report on the applicant’s character, academic and managerial ability in a properly sealed envelope marked “Post of…… Referee’s Report” with the name of candidate at the top left-hand corner of the envelope.
All Applications and Referees’ reports should be submitted under cover and addressed to:
Obong University, Obong Ntak,
P.M.B. 1005 Abak,
Akwa Ibom State,