Mastercard Foundation is a global foundation based across four hubs in Kigali, Rwanda, Nairobi, Kenya, Accra, Ghana and Toronto, Canada. Our programs promote financial inclusion and advance education and learning in Africa, primarily for young people, and in Canada for Indigenous youth. The Foundation was established in 2006 through the generosity of Mastercard when it became a public company. From inception, the Foundation was designed to be a separate entity and independent from Mastercard. Our policies, operations, and funding decisions are made by our President and Board of Directors.
The Foundation believes that youth employment is key to unlocking prosperity, both for youth and their societies. Enabling young women and men from disadvantaged communities to secure dignified and fulfilling work will ensure inclusive development and economic growth in Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Program Partner, Youth Engagement
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
The Work At The Foundation
- We have entered a very exciting time at the Foundation as we scale up our operations across Africa to realize our Young Africa Works strategy. Our role at the Mastercard Foundation is to be a catalyst. Our Young Africa Works strategy focuses on working with others to spur systemic change so young people have the opportunity to find work that is dignified and fulfilling.
- The Foundation has opened offices in Rwanda, Kenya, Ghana, Senegal, Ethiopia, Nigeria and Uganda, building a broader leadership presence in Africa to develop specific strategies that support youth employment. Within a country, we work with governments, the private sector, educators and other funders to improve the quality of education and vocational training, prepare young people for the work force, expand access to financial services for entrepreneurs and small businesses, and connect job seekers to dignified and fulfilling work.
- We are ambitious and driven. Our values transcend and rise above everything else as our guide. We encourage you to bring your bold ideas, curiosity, and expertise to your work. We laugh at ourselves and with each other. We are a team. Our journey together makes our impact even more meaningful.
- If you have passion for the youth and are ready to build something new and increase your impact, read on!
- Reporting to the Program Lead, Gender & Youth Engagement, the Program Partner, Youth Engagement will support the development of the Foundation’s youth engagement strategies and the development of youth led initiatives and interventions that advance the delivery of Young Africa Works Strategy in Nigeria. Specific activities include building alumni networks, elevating youth voices and insights within our programs and supporting integration of young people’s initiatives and ideas in the strategy. The Program Partner will plan, organize and implement strategies that ensure the achievement of the Foundation’s goals of enabling young people (particularly women) to find dignified and fulfilling work.
- The successful candidate for this role will be proactive, collaborative, team player who is passionate about empowerment and engagement young women and men through mobilization of key players that influence this critical activity.
Ways You Can Contribute
- Contribute to the strategic development and implementation of a national alumni leadership committee in Nigeria consisting of an integrated network of youth who represent alumni from across the Foundation’s leadership programs including Scholars, YALI fellows, among others.
- Build partnerships with local African-based organizations to advance the objectives of the alumni strategy and country programs.
- Guide and support the national committee to build connections with private, public, and civil society networks.
- Capture and document insights and learnings to ensure that we are adapting consistently to create sustainable, alumni-led and guided programs and approaches.
- Closely work with the team in areas of youth engagement, programing, and other areas as the member of the country team.
- Support implementing partners to strengthen their effort to engage youth in their specific intervention areas.
- Manage day-to-day communication and needs of partners related to youth engagement activities.
- Develop and implement strategies to ensure youth are kept at the center of country work including establishing and supporting youth advisory committees, youth feedback loops, and their participation in decision making.
- Support country team and partners to feature youth at events, either as participants or speakers.
- Carry out other duties as assigned.
Who You Are
- Degree in a related discipline such as International Development, Community Engagement, Education, Social Science, etc.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience supporting young people, community mobilization, organizing events involving young women and men in Nigeria.
- Solid experience in progressive responsibility in the development and private sector with proven track record of integrating youth engagement outcomes in programs and operations.
- Events planning and strong coordination skills and understanding of project management.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a broad range of stakeholders, including both internally and externally.
- Ability to interact across functional, organizational, and cultural lines and capable of working comfortably with all levels of individuals.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite (Word, PowerPoint and Excel).
- Demonstrated written, presentation and spoken communication skills in English. Ability to speak any of the Nigerian local language(s) would be an asset.
- Ability to make sound judgement decisions.
- Flexible, adaptable, and able to execute a range of job duties and changing priorities.
- Possess excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills with the ability to articulate information to a variety of constituents across cultures.
- Possess professional maturity, sensitivity with different cultures, and impeccable integrity that exemplify the Foundation’s values.
- You have a commitment to Mastercard Foundation’s values and vision.
Application Closing Date
29th October, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online