Solidarites International is a French humanitarian organization which provides aid and assistance to victims of war or natural disaster. For over 38 years the association has focused on meeting three vital needs – water, food and shelter. Currently present in Nigeria since 2016, SI carries out emergency / post-emergency programs in WaSHsector in North East region.
We are recruiting internally and externally for the position below:
Job Title: Program Manager Assistant
Location: Ngala Base, Borno
Project Relevance, Quality and Design:
- Contribute to establishing operational assessments & evaluations activities;
- Contribute to define SOLIDARITES INTERNATIONAL’s local strategy and contribute to the annual programming by proposing new activities, especially activities targeting vulnerable people and IDPs in Borno state;
- Responsible to propose and guarantee quality approach mechanisms are in place for the programs to ensure transparency and accountability of SI activities;
- Support the writing of technical annexes and chapters (including the logical framework) for the proposals;
- Support the implementation of the activities in compliance with the annual operational strategy and SOLIDARITES INTERNATIONAL’s technical requirements;
- Participate in evaluating the relevance of the activities carried out, as well as the effectiveness of the interventions and their appropriateness with respect to contextual developments and the populations’ needs;
- Propose to the Program Manager adjustments to the programs, if necessary;
- Participate in building the teams’ abilities with respect to techniques or new methodologies;
Implementation and Operational Monitoring:
- Support the project Team Leaders in planning their operational activities;
- Meet the deadlines and adhere to predefined quality specifications;
- Support the Program Manager in ensuring the project management, monitoring, and evaluation tools are in place in each operational department;
- Propose quality criteria and monitoring indicators for programs;
- Anticipate any issues linked with carrying out the activities and help to resolve any problems related to the activities;
- Suggest any adjustments to be made to the activity depending on contextual and indicator developments;
Institutional Knowledge Building – IKB:
- Use the IKB tools proposed by SOLIDARITES INTERNATIONAL;
- Participate in the centralization, validation, and distribution of procedures, guidelines and tools linked to the WASH activities;
- Build up on SOLIDARITES INTERNATIONAL (and stakeholders) intervention methods and techniques;
- To ensure that project files are complete, regularly updated, and saved on the mission external hard drive;
- In charge of managing the Wash teams in Borno State;
- Define the prerequisites for opened WASH positions together with the Program Manager and administrative department; In cooperation with Program Manager, adapt existing job descriptions if required;
- Greet and brief the new staff working on the program;
- In collaboration with the Program Manager, set up technical trainings depending on operational needs and identified training requirements;
- Lead working groups and thematic meetings with the support of the Program Manager;
- Evaluate and assess the performance of colleagues under his / her direct supervision on a regular basis;
- Ensure adherence to SI security regulations and reinforce them with his/her team;
Reporting / Communication / Representation:
- Pass upward to the Program Manager / Coordination team any information on the security situation or on any event that could impact SOLIDARITES INTERNATIONAL activities and the safety of the teams;
- Support the drafting of activity reports & amendments (including any annexes relating to specific activities) for the financial donors, local authorities, and for internal purposes (weekly & monthly reports) by compiling all the operational data before sending them to the Program Manager;
- Ensure that all reports required by the Program Manager are delivered on time and in the correct format;
- In his/her assignment area, might be appointed to represent SOLIDARITES INTERNATIONAL at meetings or forums concerning the activities;
- In collaboration with the Program Manager and Administrative department, support the preparation of administrative documents (MoU, handover, etc.) to be jointly signed with government authorities, communities or partners;
ORG Chart Position (Reporting and Functional Relationships):
- Line manager: Wash Program Manager
- Line report(s) on base:
- Functional manager:
- Functional report(s): Operational Team
- Studies: HND/B.Engr. IN Civil Engineering, Water and Sanitation Engineering
- Experience: Good knowledge of the project cycle, projects implementation and project follow-up
- Languages: English, Hausa or one of the local dialect is an added advantage.
- IT: Good knowledge of office/CAD software; Auto CAD, Excel, Word, Outlook
- Qualification: HND/B.Eng in Civil Engineering, Water and Sanitation Engineering, Environmental/Water Resources Development or in one of the Civil Engineering discipline of water supply and/or Hydrology, Hydrogeology. Relevant experience in Deep borehole drilling and development will be highly considered.
- Interpersonal skills: Reliable, honest, Accountable, Resistance to stress, Team Player, Good Prioritization of task.
- Eligibility: 2 YEARS of similar work experience (NGO or Private & Public Sector), Qualified females are strongly encouraged to apply
Application Closing Date
20th September, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Clicking on the link above and select “Program Manager Assistant – Ngala”
- Fill the form and attach your CV. The CV attached must be named with your name and surname.
Note: As position is required as soon as possible, Solidarites International reserves the right to select a candidate and finalize the recruitment before the final date.