Cedarcrest Hospitals Limited was founded in Abuja in January 2008. The hospital started as a mono specialty centre and was formerly known as Cedarcrest Orthopaedic Clinics Ltd. Within a few years, the hospital expanded its scope of services and has become a leading private multispecialty hospital. The core vision of the organisation is to provide world-class specialist healthcare services to patients in Nigeria and the West African sub-region.
Cedarcrest Hospitals Limited currently has two hospitals located in both Abuja and Lagos having over one hundred (100) bed capacity without patient camps in several other cities across Nigeria. Our services and facilities span several specialties and include emergency / trauma centre, radiology diagnostic centre, prosthetic manufacturing plant, oxygen manufacturing plant, modular surgical operating theatres, gastrointestinal endoscopy suite, and several other facilities that make for a modern multispecialty hospital.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Emergency Physician
Job Code: #EP00001
Location: Abuja (FCT)
- The Emergency Physician who reports to the Executive Director / Head of Medicine will be responsible for treating infections and injuries in the hospital emergency ward.
- The incumbent duties will include requesting medical tests, performing follow-up visits, and creating treatment plans.
- The incumbent other responsibilities will include treating patients with life-threatening illnesses, establishing effective patient care plans, and referring patients to the appropriate specialists.
- The Emergency Physician will supervise the functioning of the Emergency Department (ED), from arrival to admission / discharge of patients, and in collaboration with other hospital departments.
- The role holder will also be responsible for providing the best medical care to patients and will be involved in triage, patient flow and implementation of protocols.
- Assess patients that enter the emergency room immediately and oversee emergency patient’s recovery.
- Conduct follow-up visits to monitor the patient’s condition.
- Request the appropriate medical tests and based on them, follow a treatment plan.
- Develop effective patient care plans.
- Refer patients to the appropriate specialists.
- Ensure that patients are stable before transferring them to the proper department for further evaluation.
- Manage and organise the emergency department through supervision and organisation of all emergency activities and staf
- Provide instructions for discharge and any relevant paperwork.
- Ensure quality of care through regular staff training, meetings and evaluations
- Maintain the patient’s medical records.
- Coordinate with different ER departments to ensure patients receive the necessary treatment.
- Bachelor of Medicine (MBBS) registered with MDCN with a valid practicing license.
- 2-4 years’ experience as an emergency specialist with six months in ER or
- A license to practice medicine.
- Self-driven with a solution-orientated approach
- Advanced cardiac life support (ACLS) or advanced trauma life support (ATLS) training
- In-depth knowledge of current medical treatments and procedures.
- Great attention to detail with excellent analytical skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal abilities.
- Ability to think and act quickly in a stressful environment.
- Employment is contingent on passing a medical screening conducted by the hospital
- The employee will be subject to various testing including but not limited to drug and medical testing throughout the tenure of their employment
- Knowledge of workflow processes.
Application Closing Date
16th October, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org using “Position Title and Code” as subject of the email application.