North East Regional Initiative (NERI) is an International Development Organization.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Photographer (Videographer)
- The USAID-funded Nigeria Lake Chad Basin (NLCB) program plans to produce a series of written, photo and video stories about its implementation. The Photographer / Videographer will accompany NLCB staff to take photos and videos of key program interventions, staff, partners and beneficiaries, primarily in Nigeria’s North West and North Central regions.
Reporting & Supervision
- The Photographer – Videographer will report to the Media Producer. The Photographer – Videographer is also expected to work in close collaboration and take direction from Creative’s Senior Director of Communications and a Writer / Editor (both based in Washington, D.C.), as well as all members of the Senior Management Team, including the Deputy Chief of Party, Programs and the Chief of Party.
- While the position is nominally based in Abuja, the Photographer – Videographer will be expected to travel frequently to North West and North Central Nigeria.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Take professional photographs and video as directed by the Creative’s Communications team and NLCB staff. Photos must meet Creative’s and USAID’s standards.
- Travel with the NLCB team to locations that may include, but are not limited to, North West and North Central Nigeria on a weekly basis.
- Maintain a library of all photos and footage, organized by date and location
- Record individual video and audio interviews based on formats established by Creative and NLCB
- signed consent forms from interviewees
- Record b-roll of locations, individuals and related matters
- Daily review of photos and video footage with Creative and NLCB staff
- At the conclusion of each assignment, copy all photos and footage to an external hard drive (provided by NLCB)
- Log video in a Microsoft Word document based on criteria established by Creative and NLCB
- Tag photos based on criteria established by Creative
- Provide original SD cards (or similar recording devices) to NLCB for safe storage
- Participate in pre-trip logistics calls, including security briefings
- Coordinate with Creative and NLCB staff on trip logistics and equipment and adhere to schedule and itinerary provided
- Comply with all guidance and policies of Creative’s security team
- Complete any other task at the request of the senior management team
- All work for this program, including (but not limited to) photography, videography and edited videos, will be the property of Creative
- With the prior permission of the Chief of Party and the Media Producer, the photographer / videographer may use a selection of material for her / his professional portfolio. The Chief of Party and / or Media Producer may rescind this permission without prior notice.
- Creative will provide all needed equipment, including camera, lens, tripod and microphone.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- University degree in Journalism, or related field is preferred but not required.
- Provide a portfolio of professional work that demonstrates consistent, high-quality photography, videography and audio recording abilities.
- Three years of general work experience; two years of specific experience in photography and videography required.
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English.
- Proficiency at using Microsoft Office software, particularly Word is required.
- Ability to work autonomously and take initiative to generate valuable findings and communicate them in a timely manner.
- Ability to edit video in Adobe Premiere Pro strongly preferred.
- Demonstrate completion of one or more professional-level classes, training and / or workshops related to photography and / or videography is strongly desired.
- Able to fly in commercial aircraft to and from Abuja.
- Able to travel during extended periods of time in NLCB vehicles to activity locations
- Attention to detail and ability to follow up on tasks until completion is required.
- Experience working in a conflict and highly volatile environment is necessary.
- Fluency in one or more of the languages spoken in North West and North Central Nigeria is preferable.
Application Closing Date
16th September, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit the following documents to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- A current Curriculum Vitae (CV) listing all their work experience and qualifications; AND
- A cover letter
Important Information and Notice
- Please reference the job title and location on the subject line, your cover letter and resume / CV.
- Disclaimer: All work for this program, including (but not limited to) photography, videography and edited videos, will be the property of Creative. With the prior permission of the Chief of Party and the Media Producer, the photographer / videographer may use a selection of material for her / his professional portfolio. The Chief of Party and / or Media Producer may rescind this permission without prior notice.