Overseas Strategic Consulting Limited (OSC) is a small business specializing in technology-driven, research-based monitoring and evaluation (M&E) across development sectors with over 25 years of experience implementing USAID-funded projects. OSC has proven track record collecting, analyzing, and disseminating quantitative and qualitative data, including large-scale randomized household studies.
OSC is at the core of successful initiatives in the economic, health, governance, and environment sectors around the world. OSC delivers effective, sustainable research, evaluation and strategic/behavior change communications solutions in the world’s most challenging environments, including: Afghanistan, Iraq, South Sudan, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Serbia, Armenia, Kyrgyzstan, Georgia, Nigeria, Kosovo, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Jordan, and Egypt.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Chief of Party (COP) – USAID Nigeria Monitoring Evaluation and Learning
- OSC seeks well-qualified applicants for a Chief of Party (COP) for the anticipated USAID Nigeria Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Support (MEL Support) Activity.
- The objectives of the anticipated MEL Support activity are to assist the USAID Nigeria Mission with strategy, project, and activity-level performance monitoring, evaluation, and learning including independent field-based monitoring, data quality assessments, data gathering and verification, impact and performance evaluations, assessments, collection of select country context indicators, organizational learning, and improving knowledge management.
- The COP will provide overall project leadership, oversee management of staff and consultants, work plans and other project documents, and serve as the project’s primary point of contact for USAID.
- S/he should have demonstrated broad management and team building experience; deep technical knowledge of monitoring (including TPM), evaluation, and learning activities for international development activities; and experience in Nigeria. This is a long-term position based in Nigeria.
- Master’s degree in areas such as evaluation, Organizational Development, International Development, Economics, or related Social Science discipline
- Demonstrated knowledge of monitoring, evaluation, and/or CLA in fragile and post-conflict settings
- Minimum 10 years of experience working in international development on monitoring, evaluation, and learning programs
- Progressively responsible experience managing complex donor-funded projects, including M&E; USAID experience strongly preferred. At least three years of progressively responsible supervisory work experience, including direct supervision of professional and support staff
- Excellent oral and written English language communication skills
Application Closing Date
7th October, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume / CV and Cover Letter to: email@example.com using the subject line: Nigeria COP.
- OSC is committed to recruiting, employing, promoting, and retaining the best-qualified individuals without regard to age, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, genetic information, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.
- This position is contingent upon contract award from USAID.