Osun is an inland state in south-western Nigeria. Its capital is Osogbo. Osun State was created following series of pressure mounted on the federal military government over a long period of time by the founding fathers, most of whom are traditional rulers and community leaders.
Applications are invited for the position below:
Job Title: Statistician – General
Reference Number: Osun SG 2020
- The State Government of Osun, as part of its efforts to improve its statistical system for informed decision-making, research and collaboration with other agencies of government and the private sector, invites suitably qualified candidates to apply for the post of Statistician-General in the State Bureau of Statistics, which is equivalent to the position of a Permanent Secretary in the Public Service of the State of Osun.
Duties and Responsibilities
- The Statistician-General will be the Accounting Officer / Chief Executive Officer of the State Bureau of Statistics, which shall be a Parastatal under the State Ministry of Economic Planning and Budget.
The Specific Duties required of the Statistician-General include the following:
- Coordinating the State’s entire Statistical System;
- Advising Federal, State and LGA Agencies as well as Tertiary Institutions in the State on issues relating to their Statistical Activities;
- Decision making on the appropriate methods of collecting, processing and analyzing State’s data for Statistical purposes;
- Representing the State in International, National and Local Statistical meetings;
- Organization, development, support and promotion of the bureau of statistics’ organizational culture;
- Supervision and discipline of Bureau of Statistics staff;
- Presentations to Government for approval, annual budget, work programmes, and other programmes to develop the State Statistics;
- Authority to obtain statistical information across the State Agencies, Local Governments, Federal and Tertiary institutions in the State;
- Authority to produce statistical publications in the State;
- Authority to redeploy and redistribute Statisticians and Statistical Officers within the State Ministries, Departments and Agencies;
- Authority to conduct Statistical Surveys, private institutions wishing to conduct statistical surveys shall obtain approval from the Statistician- General.
The candidate should possess:
- A minimum of B.Sc Statistics (not less than 2nd Class Lower Division),
- At least 20 years’ post-qualification experience in the rudiments of the Public Service within or outside the State of Osun
- Relevant Information and Communication Technology (ICT) skills
- Applicants within the Public Service should not be below the post of a Deputy Director, GL.16
Application Closing Date
25th September, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit and address their Applications as follows:
The Head of Service,
Office of the Head of Service,
Office of the Governor,
Osogbo, Osun State.
The following conditions must be met before applications can be processed:
- Applications must be typewritten, accompanied by ten (10) clear copies of Curriculum Vitae (CV) and all relevant documents, including certificate (s) and letters relating to background and employment history;
- Applicants within the Public Service should route their applications through their Accounting Officers;
- The completed application should be sealed and marked “OSUN SG 2020” on the left top corner of the envelope containing it.
Note: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.