The Benue State Govemment has applied for credit from the World Bank towards the cost of Community and Social Development Project (CSDP) and intends to apply part of the proceeds to payment under the employment of Operation Officer.
The State Project Implementation Unit now invites applications from eligible candidates for the position of:
Job Title: Operation Officer
- Sensitize and mobilize communities on CSDP project objectives and activities as well as issues related to HIV / AIDS.
- Facilitate communities to undertake needs assessment and prioritization that are socially inclusive and environmentally sustainable.
- Facilitate communities in the formulation of CDP in line with the above.
- Build capacity of the CPMCs / GPMCs and LGRC Desk Officers, as appropriate, through providing training in requisite areas e.g. participatory Rural Appraisals (PRAs), record and book-keeping, project management, mainstreaming gender, environment and natural resources issues etc, as identified by the Project Officer IEC and Training.
- Supervise the implementation of the CDPs to ensure quality assurance.
- Ensure timely replenishment of accounts of the CPMCs/ GPMCs.
- Collect, collate and forward the M&E Department, information / data on micro-project activities in communities.
- Submission of monthly, quarterly and annual departmental reports to M&E Department on schedule, through the Manager Operations.
- Set monthly and quarterly performance targets based on the work plan. Submit regular reports to the Project Officer or relevant section for whose activity they are deployed at any point in time.
- Responsible to the Project Officer Supervision.
- Any other duty as may be assigned by the General Manager.
Qualifications and Experience
- A first Degree or HND in Engineering, Social Sciences, Biological and Natural Sciences, Business Administration, Accountancy or related field with at least 1 year post qualification experience in any areas.
- Computer literacy and willingness to learn and work extra hours and on weekends is a must.
- Applicants are not expected to be more than 35 years as at the time of recruitment and not above Grade level 9 if recruited from the civil service.
Application Closing Date
28th September, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Applications to:
The General Manager,
Benue State CSDP Implementation Unit,
No. 30 Kashim Ibrahim Road, Old GRA,
Makurdi, Benue State.
Note: Any internal staff wishing to apply for the above position must have to resign his or her current position so that the position shall be advertised alongside with the above position.