Ogun state was created on the 3rd of February, 1976. It was carved out of the old Western State of Nigeria and named after the Ogun River which runs across it from North to South.
The Ogun State Government in conjunction with the World Bank has set up the Ogun State Economic Transformation Project (OGSTEP). The project will support the Ogun State Development Plan (SOP) (2018-2030) with a focus on business environment, skills development and public sector governance.
Applications are invited for the critical position below needed to be filled for the preparation and implementation of the program:
Job Title: Project Manager (Skills Development)
Project: Ogun State Economic Transformation Project (OGSTEP)
Objective / Overview
The Project Development Objective (POD) is to support the Ogun State governments efforts to increase the participation of the private sector in the State’s economy with focus on improving the business-enabling environment, strengthening agri-food value – chains and upgrading skills.
The project consist of two (2) main components. The project components include:
- Component 1: Increasing Agricultural Production and Industrialization:
- Sub-components 1.1: Increasing Agricultural Production
- Sub-components 1.2: Improving Business Environment
- Sub-components 1.3: Developing Skills.
- Component 2: Technical Assistance to strengthen Capacity to Implement the Program:
- Component 2.1 : Agriculture
- Component 2.2: Business Environment
- Component 2.3: Skills
- Component 2.4: Public Sector Reform and PFM
- Component 2.5: Project Implementation Support
The Ministry of Budget and Planning has the lead responsibility for Project Implementation and ensuring that the project development objectives are met and coordinated by the Project Implementation Unit (PIU).
- The main responsibility of the Project Manager (Skills Devt.) will be to create an Education Road map and manage education data processes as well as create all Education Sector Terms of Reference.
- He/She will manage other Skills Expert consultants and provide assistance to the Ministry of Education, Science and Technology in preparation for the p4R program.
- This position is open to the incumbents (Project Managers), current members of the OGSTEP Team. Civil Servants in the Ogun State Government and the General Public.
- Interested individuals are expected to provide sufficient information demonstrating required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the services.
Application Closing Date
14th October, 2020.