The Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospitals Complex, ile-Ife, one of the foremost Teaching Hospitals in Nigeria, was founded on the Ife Philosophy as a guiding principle which focuses on an integrated healthcare delivery system approach with emphasis on comprehensive healthcare services comprising primarily at the base, secondary and tertiary services at the hospital settings. The institution has six (6) healthcare hospital units with 780 -Bed complement and 55 Dental Chairs offering diverse and specialized services.
The vision of the institution is to become a leading centre of excellence in every Clinical Training and Support Services while its mission is to provide quality healthcare services, Manpower Development through Training and Research for the overall Benefit of the Patients and the Society.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Consultant Specialist – Grade / Honorary
Location: Ile-Ife, Osun
Consultant specialist needed in the following area:
- Family Medicine
- Surgery – Specialist in:
- Urology with a special interest in Renal Transplantation
- Plastic Surgery
- Paediatrics Surgery
- Infectious Disease
- Emergency Medicine (A & E)
- Obstetrics & Gynaecology
Qualifications and Experience
- Candidates should possess the Medical Degree of MBBS or MBch.B or equivalent qualification plus full registration with the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria and evidence of completion of or exemption from NYSC.
- In addition, candidates must also hold a post-graduate medical qualification of the Fellowship of the National Postgraduate Medical College of Nigeria (FNMCN) and of the West African College of Physician (FWACP) or West African College of Surgeons (FWACS).
Conditions of Service
- These are similar to those obtainable in the Federal Public Service and Federal Tertiary Health Institution in Nigeria.
CONMESS 06 Step 04 (N5,763,444.00).
Application Closing Date
30th November, 2020.
Methods of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should download and complete the “Employment Form” below. All completed forms with photocopies of all relevant credentials / documents and Twenty (20) copies of up-to-date Curriculum Vitae (See format below) should be forwarded to the office of:
The Chief Medical Director,
Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospitals Complex,
P.M.B. 5538, Ile-Ife,