Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a Danish international non-governmental organisation, which promotes and supports durable solutions to the problems faced by refugees and internally displaced people all over the world. DRC is present in more than 30 conflict territories around the world assisting displaced people with shelter, food, income-generating activities, and a wide range of other assistance. It is of utmost importance for DRC to work in compliance with the DRC Accountability and Quality Management system and national legislations. Smooth, reliable and effective operational systems are preconditions for DRC to maintain its position as a trustworthy and reliable partner for our donors and an accountable organisation towards our beneficiaries.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Nutrition Assistant
Contract Type: National Contract
Overall Purpose of the Role
The position is to assist the Livelihoods officers – Nutrition and Nutrition Assistants during food commodity distribution, beneficiary registration and screening, and outreach activities.
Responsibilities (in bullet points):
- General Programming & Operations
- Beneficiaries’ screening, verification and registration.
- Distribution of nutrition commodities
- Conduct nutrition distribution and supervise crowd controllers
- Ensure that beneficiaries are treated and served with respect and dignity during all kinds of distributions.
- Support Nutrition Team to conduct Nutrition awareness
- Support the follow-up of Lead mothers and Community Nutrition Monitories
- Carry out beneficiaries’ enrolment and monitor the transition of beneficiaries from entry to exit.
- Conduct Pre and Post Distribution meetings with key stakeholders
- Ensure orderliness during distribution activities and take part in beneficiaries’ sensitization when required.
- Responsible for card verification and validation distributions.
- Support in facilitating sensitization, monitoring and mobilization of beneficiaries on need basis.
- Ensure timely notification and exit of beneficiaries from the program according to the exit criteria.
- Ensure orderliness during distribution activities.
- Follow up with defaulters at the end of every distribution
- Execute any other tasks as requested by the supervisor in charge.
- Support in maintaining records of all activities, in order to complete timely reports for DRC and for external actors, including donors
- Carry out other duties and responsibilities as required or requested
Education: (include certificates, licenses etc.)
- BA / B.Sc in relevant field.
- 1-2 years of experience in NGO and community work.
- Ability to mobilize community
- Experience in one or two key CMAN activities
- Experience in community mobilization
- Experience in Outreach work
- Experience in distribution of nutrition commodities
Languages: (indicate fluency level)
- English (professional fluency)
- Hausa (professional fluency)
Salary and Conditions
In accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment:
- The income will be subject to statutory deductions as per applicable Nigeria laws. The employee is responsible for the tax returns.
Application Closing Date
21st January, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- CV and Cover Letter indicating and explaining the suitability for the position applied.
- Provide contact details (name, position, email address and tel. no.) of 3 professional non-related references, whereas 1 must be for the latest employer. Please do not attach any written recommendations.
- Applications should be addressed to: “Recruitment Manager”.
- Applications can be sent through email to firstname.lastname@example.org please note: The position title must be written in the subject line of the email otherwise not considered.
Important Information / Notice
- Only motivated applications that address the stipulated duties and meet the required qualifications, sent together with a CV, will be considered. CV-only applications will not be considered.
- Applications sent/received after the deadline will not be considered.
- Due to the urgency of the position, applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and the post may be filled before the deadline.
- Only short-listed applicants will be invited for written test and oral interview.
- DRC Nigeria does not charge any fees for recruitment and does not use any employment mediator.
- The position is for Nigeria Nationals Only.