The Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority (“NSIA”), a corporate body established by the Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority (Establishment, etc.) Act 2011 is mandated to mange funds in excess of budgeted hydrocarbon revenues. Its mission is to play a leading role in driving sustained economic development for the benefit of all Nigerians through building a savings base for the Nigerian people, enhancing the development of Nigeria’s infrastructure, and providing stabilisation support in times of economic stress. NSIA operates three mandate funds: the Stabilisation Fund, the Future Generations Fund, and the Nigeria Infrastructure Fund.
The NSIA is in the process of strengthening its operations and enhancing overall capacity towards delivering its mandate. In this regard, the Authority is seeking to recruit suitably qualified, result-oriented, and exceptional professionals to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Chief Risk Officer
Ref No.: ES20200
- The role holder shall be responsible far developing and implementing risk management policies and guidelines, methodologies, and systems to ensure that risk is effectively managed in the Authority
- Develop and implement the NSIA’s Enterprise-wide Risk Management Framework and related policies and guidelines for the management of risks including infrastructure, market, operational, credit and liquidity and regulatory compliance risks.
- Define the risk acceptance criteria and work with executive leadership to set risk tolerance limits for each risk area across the NSIA operations.
- Coordinate the identification, assessment and mitigation of risks that relate to the NSIA’s operational processes and functions including its subsidiary activities as may be required.
- Evaluate the Authority business strategies and project portfolios to ensure all aspects of financial and non financial risks are properly identified, measured, and adequately supported by NSIAs risk infrastructure.
- Ensure risk profile is aligned to the overall returns and profitability aspiration of the Sovereign Wealth Fund.
- Establish infrastructure systems, and processes for identifying, managing, controlling, and reporting risks within the Authority.
- Advise the NSIA executive management team and Board of Directors on overall corporate governance and best practices in risk management.
- Oversee implementation of regulatory compliance risk management infrastructure, systems, and processes.
- Ensure that risk management in the Authority is directed, managed, and operated in accordance with best practices, sound corporate governance and existing laws and regulations.
Qualifications, Experience and Attributes
- First degree in a related discipline from a reputable university.
- Professional Membership e.g. Global Association of Risk Professionals, RIMAN Certified Risk Manager (CRM) or any other relevant risk management professional memberships is desired.
- Minimum of fifteen (15) years cognate experience in risk oversight roles covering credit, counterparty, investment, market, liquidity, and operational and infrastructure risk with at least 5 year& experience at a senior management level.
- Excellent Communication skills (oral and written).
- Ability to prioritise and schedule tasks.
- Excellent negotiation and people management skills.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Highly organized and extremely detailed orientation.
- Proficiency in use of Microsoft Office tools.
Application Closing Date
23rd October, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV (prepared as an MS Word Document and saved with your full names) to: email@example.com
- The role is open to Nigerians within and outside the country who have completed the National Youth Service Programme. Women are strongly encouraged to apply
- Interested candidates can view the NSIA Act on http://nsia.com.ng/
- All applications will be treated in strict confidence
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.