Cedarcrest Hospitals Ltd was founded in Abuja in January 2008. The hospital started as a mono specialty centre and was formerly known as Cedarcrest Orthopaedic Clinics Ltd. Within a few years, the hospital expanded its scope of services and has become a leading private multispecialty hospital. The core vision of the organisation is to provide world-class specialist healthcare services to patients in Nigeria and the West African sub-region.
Cedarcrest Hospitals Ltd currently has two hospitals located in both Abuja and Lagos having over one hundred (100) bed capacity without patient camps in several other cities across Nigeria. Our services and facilities span several specialties and include emergency/trauma centre, radiology diagnostic centre, prosthetic manufacturing plant, oxygen manufacturing plant, modular surgical operating theatres, gastrointestinal endoscopy suite, and several other facilities that make for a modern multispecialty hospital.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Consultant Neurologist
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: full-time
- The Neurologist who reports to the Executive Director / Head of Medicine will be responsible for diagnosing and treating disorders that affect the brain, spinal cord, nerves and muscles of patients. They examine a patient’s mental and physical status, conduct medical tests and scans, and evaluate the results to diagnose and treat the patient.
- The role monitors and tracks patient progress, adjusting treatments when necessary. In addition to managing neurological disorders, will also manage general medical patients as required.
- Diagnose complex medical problems by referring to patient’s history, examining them and conducting neurological tests.
- Counsel patients on neurological disorders and its background.
- Run outpatient clinics, see emergency cases and manage admitted patients
- Prescribe and / or administer treatment and medication.
- Monitor the behavior, cognition and side effects of treatment and medication.
- Order supportive care services for patients.
- Participate in neuroscience research activities.
- Liaise with medical professionals in the community and hospitals.
- Keep up-to-date with neurological developments, treatment and medication.
- Perform specialized treatments such as sleep disorders, neuroimmunology, neuro-oncology, behavioral neurology and neurogenetics.
- offer specialist expertise and guidance to other doctors and staff from a range of medical specialties
- Order neurological tests and interpret the results of neuroimaging studies
- Perform and interpret lumbar punctures, electroencephalography, electromyography and nerve conduction velocity tests.
- Administrative and audit duties
- Research and education / training
- Other duties as may be required from time to time
- Bachelor of Medicine (MBBS) registered with MDCN with a valid practicing license.
- Fellow of National Postgraduate Medical College of Nigeria or the West African College of Physician or its equivalent with sub specialization in neurology.
- Years of experience practicing as a Neurologist.
- Great counseling and listening skills.
- Organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent decision-making skills and communication.
- Outstanding practical and diagnostic skills.
- Great team spirit, management and leadership skills.
- Employment is contingent on passing a medical screening conducted by the hospital
- The employee will be subject to various testing including but not limited to drug and medical testing throughout the tenure of their employment
- Knowledge of workflow processes.
Application Closing Date
20th October, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: email@example.com using Position Title and Code as the subject of their email application.