Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is an independent international medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid in more than 60 countries to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural or man-made disasters or exclusion from healthcare.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Logistics Supervisor – Hospital
Location: Zurmi and Shinkafi, Zamfara State
Report to: Logistics Manager
Report to (functional): Logistics Manager
Area: Logistics and Supply
Working Hours: 48 Hours per Week
No of Places: 02 (two)
Contract Duration: 3 months
- Supervising the daily logistics activities and providing maintenance to the MSF equipment, facilities and infrastructures, according to MSF standards and protocols in order to maintain the facilities in perfect conditions and collaborate in the development of the project.
Reporting, Supervision, Management:
- Be the main responsible under the supervision of the logistic Manager for the follow up and planning of all logistic activities of Hospital.
- Act as a focal person for all logistic activities concerning Hospital and communicate with the different departments.
- Be the main contact for the log team while respecting the hierarchy of the log organization chart.
- Be able to guide and support the organization and planning of activities at hospital.
- Follow up of the supply activities.
Construction and Maintenance:
- Follow up constructions and maintenance (electricity, mechanics, biomed, cold chain, IT, Telecommunications) related to the ETC.
- Manage and collaborate on maintenance tasks.
- Assist on mounting new structures.
- Report any malfunctioning on ETC structures and follow up its reconditioning
- Follow-up the utilization of generators assigned to the hospital (MSF words), proper supervision on proper briefings and procedures.
- Ensure fuel refilling and keep track of fuel consumption per generators in liaison with the Log Base.
- Follow-up the gas consumption,
- Follow up of all internal requests of hospital, check their proper reception and state in terms of quantity/quality in cooperation with the Logistic Manager.
- Manage and receive deliveries of logistics goods for the Hospital
- Ensure the fuel supply, consumption follow up and storage for the generator.
- Report any security incident promptly to Hospital logistician or backup.
- Ensure that the compound has adequate security/safety equipment and installations (lighting, fencing, fire extinguishers, etc).
- Report any negligence of duties or absence of cleaner to Logistic Manager.
- Supervise the preparation chlorinated solution
- Supervision of waste management (sorting, storage, treatment, elimination),
- Hygiene supervision (interior and exterior),
- In collaboration with the logistic Manager, he is responsible for the organization and regular carrying out of fumigations as well as the monitoring of vector control,
- Follow up the attendance sheets according to the rosters
- Management of cleaner’s rosters: verify & approve over timesheets
- Daily workers (in case of need) follow up and preparation of payment sheets.
- Education: Essential secondary education and formal technical training
- Experience: At least one year in MSF or 2 years in a similar post out of MSF
- Languages: English and Hausa essential.
- Knowledge: Essential computer literacy (word, excel)
- Competencies: Results and Quality Orientation, Teamwork and Cooperation, Behavioural Flexibility, Commitment to MSF Principles, Stress Management.
NGN 4,778,475 (Annual basic Salary +13th month) as per the MSF salary scale (national contract)
Application Closing Date
30th September, 2020 at 17.00 hours.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Only short-listed applicants will be contacted
- Applications are non- returnable. Do not submit original certificates or credentials.
- MSF Encourages Women and People with Disability Status to Apply.