Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is an international, private, non-governmental, non-profit humanitarian organization. Our organization offers assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters, to victims of armed conflict, without discrimination irrespective of race, religion, creed or political affiliation. We have been working in Nigeria since February 1996. A Memorandum of Understanding between Medecins Sans Frontieres and the Federal Government of Nigeria facilitates this. We are at present co-operating with the Federal Ministry of Health, State and Local Government departments of health on various health projects.
We are recruiting to fill the positions below:
1) Job Title: Medical Coordinator Support
Location: FCT, Abuja (MSF OCA)
Job Type: Indefinite Period
Main Objective and Responsibilities of the Position
- Supporting the Medical Coordinator through delegated tasks and responsibilities including administrative tasks related to the coordination of work, ensuring good relationships with local and national authorities and ensuring adequate program management in the projects, according to MSF protocols, (para) medical standards, rules of hygiene and the standard precautions in order to ensure the delivery of quality medical care for patients and their communities as well as to improve the health conditions of the targeted population.
Description of the Responsibilities / Activities
- Monitoring, supervising and evaluating the implementation of medical activities in the project, visiting projects according to pre-set schedule and participating in defining the human resources needs, materials and techniques. Assisting in the implementation of MSF protocols, (para) medical standards, the rules of hygiene and universal precautions in service.
- Assisting in the collection of information on national health policy (meetings, reports, articles, etc.), collecting and participating in the analysis of epidemiological data (meetings, reports, articles, etc.) from the projects
- Ensuring medical follow up of patients (treatment, improvement) in collaboration with the medical referent of the health structure and overseeing all medical expenses associated with the patient, in collaboration with the supervisors. Organize the administrative and medical information (reports, ongoing treatments), the discharge of patients and return to their homes
- Supporting and supervising the project teams and participating in the management of the medical team in the capital (recruitment, training, monitoring their work, vacation planning, assessments, etc.). Participating in briefings and debriefings of the (para) medical team members and promoting communication and active participation in the development of the project
- Applying the employee health policy and participating in the evaluation of hospital structures that can serve as reference structures for national and international staff. Participating in the medical monitoring of MSF personnel and overseeing all medical expenses associated with various consultations and hospitalizations in collaboration with the line manager
- Participating in the management of the central pharmacy, advising and guiding the logistics team in the mission of drug stock management. Organizing the start-up, inventory and management of operational medical library according to the classification plan
- Participating in the data collection and management from the projects as well as preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual reports and organizing Â· data archiving and medical reports in the project
- Performing other duties at the request of Medco (exceptional strengthening of a field team, involvement in evaluations, etc.)
- Support Medical coordinator in participating in various meetings.
- Responsible for implementation of National Staff health policy in collaboration with HR department including ensuring giving medical inputs at the time of recruitment. Education of the national staff on preventative measures and ensuring that they are following that in the mission.
- Act as a mission focal point in terms of national staff health issues.
- Assist medical coordinator for administration of expat health policy.
- Monitor the key health concerns in the mission and ensure regular information sharing and exchange with national staff colleagues in the mission.
- Compile monthly medical report across the mission including providing feedback to the staff in the field. Detect data errors in the report and address with the respective field in collaboration with mission DHIS focal person.
- Get latest updates on the DHIS for better understanding with an objective of becoming mission DHIS focal person in future.
- Gather relevant medical contextual information and share with medical coordinator.
- Participates in the emergency assessments or response when required in the field.
- Gap fill relevant position in the field in the case of needs after discussions and agreement with MedCo.
- Medical Doctor diploma (MBBS / MBChB) or equivalent in a related allied health. NYSC discharge or exemption certificate
- 2-year experience minimum as a Medical Doctor or in clinical work essential, Training or experience in tropical medicine and / or public health is an asset, Experience working in a developing country and Emergency contexts experience
- Experience working with INGOs is a strong asset.
- Excellent command of English and French. Control of local languages
- Essential computer literacy (MS word, excel and internet)
- People Management
Application Closing Date
27th August, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Application Letter, latest CV and photocopies of all necessary Credentials with telephone contact details (daytime) in an envelope (Specify on the envelope “Application for the post of Medical Coordinator Support – Abuja”) to any of our project offices in “Benue, Sokoto and Zamfara States”.
Send to the address below:
Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF),
The Human Resource Coordinator,
11, First Avenue, Gwarinpa,
For digital applications, you can send through: firstname.lastname@example.org using the “Job title” as the subject of the email.
- Only complete applications will be considered and shortlisted candidates contacted.
- MSF is an equal opportunities employer and promotes diversity within the organization
2) Job Title: Store Keeper Assistant
Contract Period: Indefinite
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Performing tasks as per the Storekeeper’s instructions. This includes but are not limited to the following:
- Receiving goods arriving to the store, checking its status/condition and amounts in the waybill
- Preparing outgoing items in a clean and optimized way by appropriately packing, sealing and labeling goods, assisting with recording the exits on stock cards and project form, and ensuring good quality of cold chain when needed
- Ensuring that goods are well organized and stored in a clean area to be visible and traceable i.e. assisting in the stock inventory, storing items according to nature and use, and ensuring that the temperature in the store is appropriate and items that require cold chain are correctly stored
- Carrying out basic maintenance of the store, ensuring security conditions (keeping unauthorized staff out, locking, etc….)
- Ensuring cleanliness of common working areas
- Ensuring proper use, storage and maintenance of the equipment and tools provided
- Informing superiors of any incident that may occur in the course of his/her work
- Carry out or participate in regular inventories including EPREP stock.
- Report missing material/ damage/ robbery to supervisor.
- Control warehouse limited access to authorized personnel and ensure doors and other exists are secured.Monitor temperature in the warehouse and ensure that products requiring cold chain are suitably stored and transports received and prepared appropriately according to MSF protocols
- Help Msf Staff carry heavy items if necessary.
- Education- Minimum of HND / OND or its equivalent
- Experience: Knowledge of proper bookkeeping and inventory management
- Familiarity with standard concepts and best practices in a stockroom or warehouse environment
- Essential knowledge of basic mathematics and use of measuring equipment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Application Closing Date
30th August, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Application including Cover Letter, Resume and copy of relevant degrees, certificates and NYSC certificate/exemption as follow: email@example.com (SoftCopy)
Send Hard Copies to:
No 14 Tennessee Crescent,
Maitama – Abuja.
- Please include the title of the position in the subject line of the email.
- The following vacancy is open to all residents of Nigeria.
- MSF is an equal opportunity employer; both men and women are encouraged to apply.
- Please note only short-listed candidates will be notified and invited for interview; MSF Belgium takes this opportunity to thank all potential candidates for their application.
3) Job Title: Finance and Accountancy Manager
Employment Type: Full-time
Contract Period: Indefinite.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Being responsible for quality and timely accounting for the whole mission e.g. cash procedures, bank accounts, receipts and supporting documents, electronic data entry, consolidation of overall mission accounting, monthly closing process and documents, ensuring strict respect of deadlines and strict compliance to MSF guidelines, financial standards and procedures.
- Coordinating and overseeing the monthly and yearly closing of accounts and balance sheet, and reporting the mission’s accounting statement through monthly and weekly reports, in order to verify the evolution of project finances and provide information about them
- Being responsible for the financial management of donor contracts e.g. preparing and verifying the financial reports to donors, following up and analysing the need for amendments. Ensuring reporting conditions are met and stakeholders in the mission are informed of their responsibilities (for example, logistics for stock inventory, quotes)
- Coordinating and overseeing the payment of tax liabilities in order to comply with legal obligations.
- Coordinating and supervising the conduct of local audits relating to accounting, tax, labour, stock and asset management
- Planning and supervising, in close coordination with the HR department, the associated processes (recruitment, training/induction, evaluation, potential detection, development and communication) of the staff under his/her responsibility in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required and to improve people’s capabilities
- Is the technical reference for any accounting-related issue including compliance with MSF financial standards and procedures, legal compliance, training and support on the MSF accounting software / system
- When required, briefing all staff involved, on specific accountancy management (Mission Coordination Team, Administration Managers, Logistics Managers, etc).
Minimum Required Skills and Qualifications
- Essential: Solid accountancy training and experience-professional accounting qualification (ICAN, ACCA etc).
- Desirable: University Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration. Relevant Master’s Degree will be an added advantage.
- Essential 5 years previous experience in similar relevant position is required.
- In addition, at least 2 years previous experience with MSF or other NGO will be highly beneficial.
Application Closing Date
Friday, 4th September, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should click on the link below and answer the necessary questions, before submitting their resumes to the email address below:
Click here to Start Application
After you complete the online form, submit your application including cover letter, resume and copy of relevant degrees, certificates and NYSC certificate/exemption to: firstname.lastname@example.org Using the title of the position in the subject line of the email.
Submit Hard copy to:
No 14 Tennessee Crescent,
Off Panama Street,