IHS Towers is the largest independent mobile telecommunications infrastructure provider in Europe, Africa and the Middle East. Founded in 2001, IHS provides services across the full tower value chain – colocation on owned towers, deployment and managed services.
Today IHS Towers has operations in Nigeria, Cameroon, Côte d’Ivoire, Zambia and Rwanda. Following the recent acquisitions of MTN and Etisalat’s tower portfolios in Nigeria, IHS owns over 23,300 towers in Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Manager, Service Desk (NOC)
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
About the Job
- We are currently recruiting for a Manager, Service Desk (NOC). Based in Lagos, you will provide operational guidance to the Service Desk team in managing and maintaining records of access requests and changes performed across all company-owned sites, ensuring that activities of tenants and their representatives are in line with contractual agreements.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Foster an enabling environment for the Service Desk team to proactively address all access and change requests through ongoing analysis of historical requests and demands from customers (tenants, internal users, and vendors).
- Continuously research methods for enhancing the simplicity, efficiency and effectiveness of tools used by the Service Desk team.
- Coordinate activities and review outputs of direct reports.
- Identify training needs of the Service Desk team pertaining to new technologies being used or to be deployed across company-owned sites.
- Coach Service Desk team-members to understand the department’s goals and objectives, as well as increase awareness of set targets/ requirements.
- Drive the efficiency and effectiveness of the Service Desk’s access and change request, problem management, and reporting processes.
- Analyze Service Desk performance statistics to provide useful insights which support operational and strategic decision-making by management.
- Conduct regular sessions with Key Account Managers (KAMs) of various tenants to identify upcoming new projects and align on IHS’s readiness.
- Ensure prompt identification of people, process, and tool problems by team-members. Work with the Service Desk team and other units towards achieving customer Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and business performance targets.
- Notify the Associate Director, NOC whenever Service Desk performance thresholds are at risk or breached.
- Initiate and implement ideas on improvements to Service Desk operational procedures, policies, functionalities, and management.
- Establish and maintain well-defined and effective communication channels across the Service Desk, wider NOC organization, and various internal and external customers.
- Serve as the overall custodian of the Service Desk knowledge base.
- Continuously research ways to improve IHS’s network performance.
- Develop best practice methodologies for conducting access ref and change management.
- Identify new interfaces, tools and applications to increase effectiveness of the SSAR.
- Continually assess operational and business continuity risks, providing timely awareness and deploying mitigating initiatives.
- Perform other tasks and duties as assigned by the Associate Director, NOC.
Experience & Qualifications Required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, or any relevant discipline.
- 9-10 years’ relevant experience.
- Be Bold
- Customer Focus
- Analytical Thinking
- Site-Access Management
- Complaints Management
- Network Monitoring/ Availability/ Service Uptime-Management
- Service Support
- SLA Fulfilment
- Attention to Detail
- Collaboration & Teamwork.
Application Closing Date
28th July, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Please apply with an updated Resume / CV.