Guinness Nigeria Plc is a major market for Diageo: Guinness Nigeria operates in the unique and fast growing alcohol industry of over 15mhl beer potential. It is the only company that does Total Beverage Alcohol (TBA) in Nigeria. It’s an on trade dominated market but with a fast growing off trade channel.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Reserve Activation Manager – East & Central
Ref No: JR1051693
Location: Ikeja, Lagos
Job Type: Full time
Worker Type: Regular
About the Role
- The Reserve Sales & Activation Manager handles and develops a sales area usually the On-trade using Reserve segmentation model, delivering stretch brand and portfolio targets across our Reserve Luxury Portfolio.
- This role involves a high level of direct customer contact at the outlet level. The primary responsibility of the RSAM is to handle the On-trade accounts (Total Beverage Alcohols and Reserve focused outlets) and ensure our brands especially Reserve is the most dominant in terms of visibility and rate of sale.
- Ensure Trade terms are executed in the outlet by working in close collaboration with the Reserve Brand Ambassador under the mentorship of the Head of Reserve
Understand the Commercial Opportunity:
- RSAMs must be highly connected with the Reserve Environment, translating this understanding to shape customer, consumer and category plans.
- Must have deep understanding of what is meaningful to a customer’s business including mission, vision and objectives (both short and long term) and use this to develop clear joint customers plan.
- Must have brand and category knowledge across Spirits and TBA with particular experience in process, ingredients, provenance and trends
Develop Strategy and Plan Execution:
- Must Follow a simple, tailored, defensible and conditional trade investment framework to be implemented with customers
- Must understand where and how to target trade investment to maximize Return On Investment whilst delivering for our customers.
- Ensure detailed execution of 12 months activity plans promotions, innovations, own POP visibility, bar-staff training/ persuasion
- Implement promotions, develop, and execute merchandising programmes at POS with optimum use of resources and materials in order to achieve the highest in-store visibility and sales performance for the strategic brands
- Effectively balance short- and long-term performance goals in planning, execution and evaluation of activity. Relationship Management with external and internal partners.
- Must be skilled in developing customer and stakeholder commitment, negotiating for win- win outcomes with a diverse range of variables.
- Must operate proactively – and be proactive to win the competition.
- RSAM shall be committed to selling and distributing only safe and quality products by following all instructions related to the Diageo Quality Management System
- Handle designated Sales area in the On-trade, delivering stretched brand and portfolio targets across Spirits by effective outlet universe coverage. Ensure all brand communications are up-to-date and in excellent condition.
- Drive Spirit Key Performance Indicators in On-trade market. RSAM to periodical (Quarterly) review outlet universe to ensure; optimum base number of viable and non-viable customers, call frequency per category, outlet sales performance and OAS review
- Ensure learning and application of the Reserve segmentation to drive Prestige Account trajectory to attract new customers while building and maintain strong relationship network with key industry owners and influencers and keep up to date of new trends
- Deploy the use of SFA and TRAX to deliver consistently 8 x 6 in every call, persuasive selling, objection handling, negotiations etc and deliver on company pricing strategy
- Always operates the DWS 8 steps of the structured call / appointment.
- Deliver consistently weekly business Reports (WBR) to Reserve Sales Manager on account activities and competitor intelligence.
- Deliver consistently call objectives with strict observance of safety policies.
- Graduate (HND or B.Sc from a reputable and recognised higher institution with 2nd Class Lower at the minimum) with 4 years commercial expertise gained across Sales / Consumer Marketing or Sales Management. Previous experience in a direct customer-facing role and customer development is valuable
- Commercial understanding, Profit & Loss literacy, strong numerical skills, forward-thinking computer literacy and previous experience of financial/data are important.
- A consistent track record in Sales, preferably in selling either within or outside the Beverage industry. Particularly critical is previous experience of account management or other customer-facing roles.
- Good communication skills –written and verbal
- Good IT skills very critical (especially Microsoft excel)
- High degree of integrity
- Good interpersonal skills
- Geographically mobile
- Experienced driver with valid license.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online