The Management Sciences for Health (MSH), a global health nonprofit organization, uses proven approaches developed over 40 years to help leaders, health managers, and communities in developing nations build stronger health systems for greater health impact. We work to save lives by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Finance Associate (Consultant)
Reference No.: R360
Employment type: Full time
- The Finance Associate (Consultant) is responsible for ensuring the smooth operations of the finance and logistics provided by the Finance and Operations Unit by providing financial and admin support.
- He or she works with the Senior Accountant to coordinate and manage the operations and implementation of project activities.
- Arrange hotel for staff, participants, consultants who are coming to State for assignments
- Assist in organizing for the dispatch of goods and equipment whenever required and ensure that packing list, waybills and export documentations where necessary are prepared and ensure that shipping details are communicated in writing promptly to the receiver
- Calendar management, ensuring conference rooms are booked and Meeting/conference/activity logistics and making sure to update the records regularly
- Arrange spaces for new employees making sure the availability of desks, chairs etc. are ready for them to use on the start day
- Inventory and asset management
- Coordinate the approved Activity Profiles making sure that materials, equipment, etc. required for the activity are organized and ready for the activity
- Coordinate procurement and engagement of vendors for goods and services.
- Coordinate catering services for official functions within and outside the office location
- Prepare payment schedules for vendors and participants.
- Properly code all transactions.
- Maintain administration and accounting files.
- Follow up on outstanding vendor’s payments and assure timely reconciliation.
- Control consumption of project (petrol, electricity, water, telephone,)
- Participate in the improvement of the accounting system and the system of internal control.
- Ensure compliance with MSH policies and procedures including internal control systems, Global fund guidelines as well as Nigeria Government regulations.
- Create all administrative and financial reports monthly as requested by supervisor.
- Manage payments of taxes and other statutory payments at state level.
- Ensure that payments are compiled, reviewed and send to country office timely for processing
- Ensure that entries are entered into project activity tracking logs accurately and timely.
- Ensure that month and year-end activities are done accurately and in compliance with MSH policies and procedures.
- Other tasks as requested by supervisor
- University Degree / HND in Accounting or equivalent certification from a Business Technical School
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in accountig and administration
- Understanding of key aspects of accounting
- Experience with Global Fund and U.S. government projects
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, especially Excel spreadsheets, or comparable software
- Verbal and written language skills in English required
- Ability to work independently and take initiative
- Ability to learn complex program procedures.
- Good typing skills. Good memo composition and editing skills. Good computer skills with sound knowledge of commonly used application software
- Familiar with internet search engines and able to undertake background search on well-defined tasks
- Able to work independently by managing priorities and workload within general schedule of work, instructions and standardized practices
- Takes initiative and can start/complete tasks with basic direction
- Excellent Computer knowledge. Proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point and knowledge of Photoshop. Learn and become proficient in the firm’s management system (Applied) and other carrier software or websites, as needed
- Ability to Multi task and organize ongoing projects, looking for ways to become more efficient in completing tasks
- Consistently looks for ways to help support
- Demonstrated competence to assess priorities and manage a variety of activities in a time sensitive environment and meet deadlines with attention to detail and quality
- Strong office and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to work as an effective team member in a complex and fast paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to interact professionally with culturally diverse staff, clients and consultants
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- MSH is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity, religion, creed, citizenship, national origin, age, veteran status, or disability unrelated to job requirements.
- MSH will take affirmative action to ensure that qualified applicants are employed and that employees are treated without regard to their race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran and disability status. In compliance with U.S. Department of Labor Executive Order 11246, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act, and Section 4212 of the Vietnam Era Readjustment Assistance Act, MSH has developed and maintains an affirmative action program and plan.