The College of Education, Gindiri, Plateau State is a state owned tertiary institution established vide Plateau Stae Edict No. 26 of 1980 when the then government of late Chief Solomon Daushep Lar deemed it expedient floating a second college of education in the then Plateau State (with the first being the College of Education, Akwanga).
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidate to fill the management position below:
Job Title: College Librarian
Location: Gindiri, Plateau
Qualification and Experience
- Candidate should be a holder of Master’s degree in Library Science or Library and Information Science from a recognised institution of higher learning, with at least 15 years cognate experience; or a Doctorate degree in Library Science or Library and Information Science from a recognised institution of higher learning with at least 12 years cognate experience.
- The candidate must be a registered member with a relevant professional body and should be computer literate.
- Having attained the rank of a Deputy Librarian in a Tertiary Institution is an added advantage.
- Candidate should not be more than 60 years of age.
Application Closing Date
14th December, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward 25 copies of their Applications, Credentials and CV to the “Sole Administrator, College of Education, Gindiri, Plateau State”, highlighting the following:
- Full name
- Date of Birth
- Marital Status
- Number and age(s) of Children
- Academic Qualifications
- Positions held with dates
- Membership of Professional Body(ies)
- Professional / Administrative experience(s)
- Relevant Conferences / Workshops attended
- Awards, Honours or other distinguished awards received and community service
- Contact Address (Phone Number / e-mail)
- Candidates are advised, to request three (3) referees to forward reports on them under confidential to the address below
All Applications and Referee report should be forwarded to:
The Sole Administrator,
College of Education,
PMB 01000, Gindiri,
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview by the College at a date to be communicated to them.