The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, emergency food security, and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
JobTitle: Liaison Support Coordinator
Webcruiter ID: 4310655301
Employment type: Contract
Percentage of full-time: 100
Start date: 01.01.2021
End date: 31.12.2021
Overview / Description
- NRC initiated country operations in Nigeria in June 2015 in order to respond to the critical and increasing needs in the country. NRC currently has a full team based in Yola Area Office, Field Offices in Borno and Adamawa states and a coordination office in Abuja.
- NRC is currently providing services across various sectors namely; Shelter and Non-Food Items (NFI); Water, Sanitation and Hygiene Promotion (WASH); Livelihoods & Food Security (LFS); Information, Counselling and Legal Assistance (ICLA), Education and Camp Management Camp Coordination (CCCM) in order to address identified humanitarian needs.
- We are looking for a Liaison Support Coordinator for our Abuja Coordination Office in Nigeria. The purpose of the Liaison Support Coordinator is to implement the delegated area of responsibility and to coordinate the activities of the department at Abuja coordination office.
- The Liaison Support Coordinator reports to the Country Director with technical management by the Head of Support.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Implement NRC’s systems and procedures at coordination office/area level.
- Ensure adherence to NRC policies, handbooks, guidelines, donor requirements and the national labor law in all processes and procedures
- Prepare and submit reports and analysis
- Ensure proper filing of all support documents
- Support line managers in procedures and require support team trainings Management of support team
- Ensure development and implementation of administrative systems and procedures
- Manage the support team at Abuja coordination office level using NRC standard Performance Management system.
- Supervise, coordinate and provide support for daily activities of the support team enabling them to provide effective and seamless assistance to the country programme.
- Responsible for implementation of NRC policies and procedures including but not limited to Human Resources, Logistic, Finance, Security & ICT.
- Work in close coordination with the technical support managers in Maiduguri to ensure different support functions are working in line with standard guidelines and procedures and meeting the monthly and other regular reporting requirements.
- Ensure all HR standard requirements are met at Abuja level for all staff including – to maintain record of staff attendance, leave, contracts etc.
- Ensure all the local visitors & staff traveling from other offices/locations are getting the required Admin and logistic support.
- As per Management’s guidance, Coordinate and liaison with coordinate with relevant partners, suppliers, authorities, lawyers etc. and ensure quality support for key liaison matters for example organizational registration, staff visas and travel and other legal requirements.
- Coordinate staff recruitment and exits, introductions, trainings, staff benefits schemes etc.
- Ensure Abuja logistic team is being managed in an effective manner and working in close coordination with Logistic Manager in country office to provide the optimum support for fleet & generator management, procurement, custom clearance, UNHAS bookings etc. where needed for all NRC offices and Staff.
- Ensure Abuja Finance team is being managed in an effective manner and working in close coordination with Finance Manager in country office to provide the optimum support for daily transactions, bank account management, tax & social security payments, payroll processing etc.
- Ensure Abuja HR/Admin team is being managed in an effective manner and working in close coordination with Country HR & Admin Manager in country office to provide the optimum support for staff recruitment, staff record keeping, hotel booking, Guesthouse management, stationery and stock management, office building and equipment maintenance etc.
- Ensure close working with ICT Coordinator to have in place reliable internet connectivity and power backup system in place whereas have regular maintenance of office equipment’s e.g. printers, scanners, photocopiers etc.
- Support in coordination with all concerns to maintain in working condition security & safety system and equipment both in the office and guesthouse whereas staff and security guards are following the standard daily security protocols.
- Ensure that staff records in coordination office are up to date and filed appropriately in the HR personnel file archive.
Generic Professional Competencies:
- Experience from working as a Support Coordinator in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal.
Context/ Specific Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Knowledge of the context in Nigeria especially in Abuja, North East, Yola and other locations NRC is operational
- Knowledge of the local languages other than English
- Demonstrated People management and networking, liaison experience and skills
- Managing resources to optimize results
- Managing performance and development
- Analyzing and reporting
- Handling insecure environments
- Empowering and building trust.
We Can Offer
- Commencement: 1st January, 2021
- Duration: 12 months (renewable)
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s general directions – Grade Level: Grade 7
- Duty station: Abuja
- Travel: 25% travels outside Abuja is dependent on changing security conditions, especially for certain roads in the area.
- Approved health certificate will be requested before contract start.
Application Closing Date
22nd November, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application procedures and CV registration:
- Please note that you are required to enter the geographical location for all your previous positions while registering your CV. There is no specific field for this information in our CV form, but you can use the “Company name” field for both company and location.