The Confederation of African Football (CAF) was founded in 1957 by four nations: Egypt, Sudan, Ethiopia and South Africa. As the administrative body of the region, CAF manages competitions, offers technical and administrative training courses while actively fostering the promotion and practice of football. The Confederation organizes championships such as the Africa Cup of Nations (CAN or AFCON), the most popular competition. It maintains very close links with FIFA in coordinating tournaments for different events such as the World Cup, Youth and Women competitions and the Olympic Games Football Tournaments.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Legal Counsel (Litigation)
Legal Counsel (Litigation) who can contribute to CAF’s overall success by effectively managing the following duties:
- Handle procedures before CAS (Court of Arbitration for Sports), including general communications, drafting of appeal briefs and answers and, when necessary, coordinating such tasks with other departments or external counsels
- Represent CAF during CAS hearings
- Monitor and communicate the outcome of awards and other relevant aspects of arbitration proceedings
- Research and analyse relevant developments in the arbitration scene and identify and suggest necessary amendments to current practices or to CAF regulations
- Hold workshops with CAF employees, member associations or confederations on CAS-related issues
- Represent and enhance CAF’s image
- Bachelor’s Degree in Law or J.D. degree
- Master’s Degree in International Sports Law is an asset
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in international sports arbitration
- Fluent in English and French
- Good knowledge of football governance as well as of CAF’s regulations, International Arbitration and proven experience in CAS proceedings
- Admission to practice law (Bar) for at least 3 years
- Good planning and organisational skills
- Good analytical skills.
Application Closing Date
19th September, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Only applications matching the requirements listed above will be considered.