The International Organization for Migration (IOM) – Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Procurement and Logistics Assistant
CFCV No.: SVN2020.72
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Organizational Unit: Resource Management
IOM Classification: G5
Type of Appointment: Special Short Term (SST) 6 Months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Slot: 2 Openings
- Working under the overall supervision of the Resource Management Officer (RMO) and the direct supervision of the Procurement and Logistics Officer (PLO), the incumbent will be responsible for the coordination and implementation of the procurement process including obtaining quotations, tendering, purchases and deliveries of supplies/services at the Maiduguri and Yola Sub-Offices as well as the Mission in Nigeria in accordance with IOM’s Procurement policies and procedures.
Core Functions / Responsibilities
- Receive Purchase Requisition Forms and make sure are fully endorsed prior to procuring using the IOM authorization matrix as applicable for the Sub-Office and Mission as a whole.
- Assist Requesting units in requirements definition by providing information on products available in the market and their specifications.
- Prepare objective evaluation criteria to evaluate bids for Works, services, and supply in coordination with requesting units and ensure these criteria are featured in the solicitation documents before advertising or sharing them with potential Bidders.
- Solicit Quotations/Proposals, prepare Bids Analysis Summaries (BAS) in conformity to the requirements shown in the Purchase requisition Form (PRF) and issue Purchase Order (PO) through PRISM system using Material Management (MM) module. Make sure POs are delivered to vendors and their signatures obtained.
- Organize and facilitate Pre-Bid Conferences by inviting potential Bidders and sharing relevant information regarding Tenders.
- Guide the Bids Evaluation and Awards Committee on the process of Bids Opening, evaluation and recommendation while ensuring full compliance with IOM Procurement Rules and Regulations.
- Ensure all procurements are performed in accordance with the IOM procurement rules (IN168) and implement existing mechanisms to avoid fraud and ensure transparency to complement the IOM rules and regulations on procurement.
- Provide a monthly checklist on Open Purchase orders and Purchase Requests and follow up with relevant colleagues to ensure their timely closure in the PRISM MM Module.
- Coordinate preparation of contracts using the standard IOM templates for procuring service, goods and works for the organization and follow up with the legal department on their review and to obtain their endorsement in support of the Sub-Office’s and Mission’s operations.
- Participate in negotiations with contracted firms on the implementation of activities under the project components and monitor progress of contracts implementation to ensure that they abide by the stipulated standards, procedures, and planned procurement timetables.
- Make sure both IOM and Beneficiary assets are created appropriately in PRISM through MM Module prior to procurement and are acquired, transferred, and retired in accordance with IOM’s asset management practices.
- Prepare and maintain price list database of regular supplies for the Sub-Office and provide information on price estimates to Requesting Departments for preparation of Purchase Requests
- Conduct post-evaluation checks of selected/shortlisted Bidders by carrying out reference checks and vendor searches against exclusion databases of the UN/Governmental agencies.
- Follow-up with suppliers and ensure timely delivery of requested supplies and services and keep the concerned project staff informed on the status of the delivery.
- Coordinate with the receiving units on Goods/Services to be received and obtain the satisfactory delivery notes, Goods Receipt Notes, and invoices from the receiving unit.
- Follow up with Vendors regularly on submission of invoices for goods/services delivered and ensure that payments are processed in a timely manner.
- Maintain efficient filing system for all procurement records including, Purchase requests, Bids Analysis Summary, Quotations, BEAC Resolution to award, minutes of Bids opening, Evaluation Score sheets, Reports etc. Ensure these records are up to date.
- Develop Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) with the guidance and support of the Procurement and Logistics Officer (PLO), document the performance of Suppliers against the Established Long -Term Agreements (LTAs) using established KPI’s and follow up with suppliers on improvements.
- Ensure safe running condition of the fleet and Office Power Generators by monitor accuracy of records according the Vehicle/Generator Logbooks, Servicing/Maintenance records & Fuel Consumption.
- Perform any other duties as may be required from time to time.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- University Degree in Business Administration, Purchasing & Supply, or a related field from an accredited academic institution with 3 years of relevant experience or High School Diploma in the above fields with five years of relevant working experience
- At least two years’ experience in Supply Chain Management.
- Skills and knowledge in Conducting local/international procurement, clearing & forwarding, Government laws and regulations, insurance and inventory/stock/supplies and management.
- Very good understanding of IOM Procurement and Logistics policies.
- Knowledge of SAP (PRISM) is desired,
- Common software applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain integrity in performing responsibilities assigned.
- Fluency in English and working knowledge the local language.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintain high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1:
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action-oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge, and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring, and motivational way.
- Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
- This is a national position and only candidates residing in the country of the duty station within commuting distance will be considered.
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment.
Application Closing Date
13th November, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via email to: HRNIGERIA@iom.int indicating the position number on the subject line.
- In order for the applications to be considered valid, IOM only accepts applications with a cover letter not more than one page specifying the motivation for application, addressed to “Human Resources, International Organization for Migration (IOM)” and with a subject line “SVN2020.72 Maiduguri, Procurement and Logistics Assistant G5”.