The International Organization for Migration (IOM) – Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Administrative Assistant (RR)
SVN No.: SVN2021.003
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Organizational Unit: Reintregation & Reconciliation
IOM Classification: G4
Type of Appointment: Special Short-Term (SST) 6 months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: ASAP
- Working under the overall supervision of the RR Programme Manager and S2R Senior Project Coordinator, in coordination with the ICRS Officer, and the direct supervision of the National Finance & Admin Officer in Maiduguri, the successful candidate will perform Administrative related functions for the RR Programme and S2R Project in accordance with IOM’s regulations, rules and procedures. In particular, s/he will
Core Functions / Responsibilities
- Carry out administrative tasks for the ICRS Team within the RR Programme and S2R Project, including procurement, supply and transport, documentation, storage and warehousing, equipment up-grading, etc.
- Act as the procurement focal point for activities within the RR Programme and S2R Project to liaise with the Procurement Unit.
- Prepare and track Purchase Requisition for Startup Kits, Workshops, NOK visits, Department Supplies & RR programme activities
- As the RR Programme and S2R Project procurement focal point follow-up on the status of Purchase Requisition, Purchase Orders and keep the requesting Team abreast of estimated time of delivery or any changes that may affect or modify the pre-determined delivery conditions.
- Verify conformity of delivered goods to the specifications in the purchase order and if they are in good condition, report deviations and take corrective measures in coordination with requesting Team and Procurement Unit.
- Organize and maintain tracking and filing systems for asset supply and programme material distribution
- Maintain RR asset Inventory List and update it at regular intervals by carrying out physical verification of assets in the Department and at the warehouse; conduct issue of assets based on proper documentary authorization.
- Adhere to IOM procedures for disposal of assets in coordination with Asset Control Procurement Team
- Support timely and regular reporting of procurement/logistical data for the team
- Anticipate the needs of others to ensure their seamless and positive experience
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
Requirements / Education
- Completed University Degree or Certificate in related field, or an equivalent combination of education, training & experience.
- Minimum of four years (or Two Years for Holders of University Degrees) in related field, preferably within the International Humanitarian Field; Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Knowledge of IOM policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain integrity in performing responsibilities assigned.
- Ability to prepare clear and concise reports.
- Strong emphasis on accuracy and detail.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously to meet goals and deadlines.
- Proficient Proficiency in Microsoft applications especially spreadsheets and word processing such as Excel and Microsoft word.
- Good time management and organizational skills.
- Desire to be proactive and create a positive experience for others
- Interpersonal Skills; Communication & Negotiation Skills
- Administrative & Time Management Skills
- Must have strong analytical, planning and people management skills
- A great team player; Fast Learner.
- Fluency in English and working knowledge of Local Languages such as Hausa and Kanuri.
- The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1:
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action-oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
- Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
- Only candidates residing in the country of the duty station within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered.
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
- Women with the above qualifications are encouraged to apply.
Application Closing Date
29th January, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to submit their Applications via email to: HRNIGERIA@iom.int indicating position number on subject line
- In order for the applications to be considered valid, IOM only accepts applications with a cover letter not more than one page specifying the motivation for application, addressed to Human Resources, International Organization for
- Migration (IOM) and with a subject line SVN2021.003 Maiduguri. Administrative Assistant (RR) G4.
- All applications should include a functional email address, mobile numbers and detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV).
- Please note that this position is open only to Nigerian National applicants and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.