The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a not-for-profit institution that generates agricultural innovations to meet Africa’s most pressing challenges of hunger, malnutrition, poverty, and natural resource degradation. Working with various partners across sub-Saharan Africa, we improve livelihoods, enhance food and nutrition security, increase employment, and preserve natural resource integrity. IITA is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Agribusiness Associate
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Recruitment Type: National (2-year renewable contract)
- Provide strategic support in a wide variety of areas including value chain development and upgrading strategies, improving access to agricultural inputs, access to agricultural extension, and marketing;
- Support project leadership on program activities related to targeted agribusiness;
- Support Project leadership in ensuring adequate linkages to local public sectors stakeholders, potential investors, the private sector, donors, and development partners active in the agricultural value chain including cooperatives, agribusiness producers, agro-processors, and wholesalers;
- Lead the Tomato Value chain project of the agency program;
- Develop capacity building training to support in the area of agribusiness development;
- Develop annual work plans for the project and implementation of the Annual Work Plan (AWP) and budget for these sub-components;
- Support leadership efforts in research, business plan development, and report writing;
- Support the development and implementation of a clear strategy for attracting agri-business investments into the relevant value chains;
- Provide training and mentoring support to the youth in agribusiness programs.
- Report physical progress and results as per the projects results framework and any other supporting /subsidiary monitoring mechanisms;
- Coordinate the Executive office and provide lead administrative support for the project leadership;
- Perform other duties that may be required.
- Master’s in Agricultural Economics, Business Administration, or any other related discipline with a minimum of five (5) years’ experience performing related roles.
The ideal candidate must:
- Be proficient in all Microsoft Office tools especially Word, Powerpoint, Excel
- Have good communication skills – able to communicate clearly at high level with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Have good negotiation skills – proven ability to facilitate high-value partnership with communities, private and public sector stakeholders.
- Have ability to multitask and manage various project elements simultaneously
- Have good command of project modelling, planning, operations research, strong project management and financial analysis skill.
We offer a highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
Application Closing Date
10th November, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested applicants should complete the online application attaching detailed Cover letter and Curriculum Vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format. The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include the applicant’s current or previous direct Supervisor, professional colleague and evidence of current remuneration package.
Note: IITA is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse workforce. While all applications will be acknowledged, please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.