The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a not-for-profit institution that generates agricultural innovations to meet Africa’s most pressing challenges of hunger, malnutrition, poverty, and natural resource degradation. Working with various partners across sub-Saharan Africa, we improve livelihoods, enhance food and nutrition security, increase employment, and preserve natural resource integrity. IITA is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Data Analyst
Reference No.: IITA – HR – NRS2021 – 009
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Recruitment Type: National (2-year renewable contract)
- Develop experimental designs and plot layouts for cassava trials;
- Ensure assembly, curation, and validation of cassava field data;
- Conduct routine data analysis for cassava breeding trials including exploratory data analysis, numerical and visual data summary, inferential statistics (understanding the basic concept of hypothesis and estimation), correlation and regression, t-test, ANOVA, and multivariate analysis (PCA, Discriminant Analysis and Clustering);
- Carry out analysis of cassava breeding trials including data assembly, curation and validation, trial analysis including analysis of variance, estimation of variance components, BLUPS and BLUEs;
- Develop appropriate selection indices for rapid selection and advancement of cassava genotypes/lines from one breeding cycle to another;
- Conduct analysis within the time needed to make selection decisions and plant new trials;
- Conduct multi-environment trial analysis and GxE analysis
- Provide support on the use of phenotyping applications including Fieldbook, upload curated and validated trial into Cassavabase (cassavabase.org);
- Backstop cassava breeding staff and research partners in the development of field designs and statistical analysis of field and laboratory data;
- Supervise subordinate data management technical staff;
- Assist in training on data management and data analysis;
- Assist cassava breeding scientists in preparing project report;
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- B.Sc / HND in Computer Science, Statistics, Agricultural Science or related field with a minimum of three (3) years’ experience in a well-structured environment.
The ideal candidate must:
- Have ability to diagnose and rectify faults.
- Be honest and hardworking with good interpersonal and communication skills.
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
Application Closing Date
31st March, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should complete the online application attaching detailed Cover Letter and Curriculum Vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format to IITA.
- The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include the applicant’s current or previous direct Supervisor, professional colleague and evidence of current remuneration package.
- IITA is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse workforce, particularly welcoming applications from women.
- While all applications will be acknowledged, please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- IITA is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse
workforce, particularly welcoming applications from women. While all applications will be acknowledged, please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.