Sterling Bank Plc “Your one-customer bank” is a full service national commercial bank in Nigeria. In over 50 years of operations, Sterling Bank (formerly NAL Bank) has evolved from the nation’s pre-eminent investment banking institution to a fully-fledged commercial bank; and completed a merger with 4 other banks – Indo-Nigeria Merchant Bank, Magnum Trust Bank, NBM Bank and Trust Bank of Africa – as part of the 2006 consolidation of the Nigerian banking industry.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: HR Business Partner
Job Type: full-time
Specialization (s): Human Resources, Banking / Finance / Insurance
- Responsible for maintaining a healthy-collaborative relationship with the applicable business unit(s) to enable measurable difference in employee engagement and increase productivity.
- Drive bottom-line business performance through the creation of effective and efficient partnering, ensuring that maximizing employee-engagement is at the heart of every interaction.
- Act as a catalyst, stimulating high engagement through better manager behaviors – including the appropriate configuration of people, products and processes which ensure employee needs are satisfied and managers/employees are playing to their strengths.
- Live the commitments of the bank’s employee brand promise, acting as a role model for others and relentlessly focusing employees on the Bank’s values and the behaviors associated with upholding them
- Form credible-proactive relationships to influence and make a difference to the people-management activities
- Coach leadership proactively within teams in their area of responsibility both as a team and as individuals to drive business performance through high engagement.
- Support line managers in configuring and deploying people policies, products and processes to drive engagement in view of driving business performance. Ensure a robust talent pipeline to meet the future needs of the functions through managers identifying, developing and appropriately stretching talent at every level.
- Collaborate with colleagues across HR (including the Centers of Expertise and the HR Shared Service Centre) to ensure continuous improvement in the function.
- Act as a change manager for the regions/departments, facilitate the change process in the bank by working with the internal consultants or project group.
- Support the continuous review of the HR operating model for alignment to the corporate strategy using available data to avail HR metrics to assess the effectiveness and efficiency of the models/ strategies.
- Maintain awareness of the culture, plans, financial position and competition of the business units under the HR purview.
- Mediate and resolve employee relations issues; conduct thorough and objective investigations when necessary.
Requirements / Experience
- First degree in any discipline, Master’s or equivalent degree in Human Resources Management, Organizational Development, Social Sciences, Business Administration, Public Sector Management or related discipline will be added advantage
- A minimum of 3-5 years of relevant experience as an HR Generalist, including the following areas: Recruitment and Selection, Learning and Development, Compensation and Benefits, Mobility, Policy and Programme, etc.
- Strong business and HR acumen, including problem-solving skills, critical thinking, and analytical skills
- Proven ability to influence and partner with different levels of the organization to achieve results.
- Knowledge of Human Capital Mgt
- Research orientation
- Policy Formulation & Implementation
- Knowledge of Employment & Labor Laws
- Stakeholder Management
- Decision quality & Problem-solving.
Application Closing Date
16th September, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online