Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved – and is committed to continuing to improve – economies, societies and most importantly, people’s lives.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Health Finance Advisor – Nigeria IHP
Job Ref.: req10156
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Project Overview and Role
- Palladium seeks a Health Finance Advisor for the five year, USAID-funded Nigeria Integrated Health Program (IHP).
- Integrated Health Program with an expanded effort with the Government of Nigeria (GON) to identify and support rapid scale-up of proven interventions through improvement of service delivery and strengthening of health systems. It will focus its support for service delivery in six intervention areas, family planning, malaria, routine immunization, nutrition, maternal / newborn health, and treatment of childhood pneumonia / diarrhea.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides health financing expertise / technical assistance to State activities of the project, working with other technical staff and state government institutions as per project requirements.
- Analyses the economic and financing implications of enhanced access and improved quality of primary healthcare services
- Provides guidance to state level MOHs regarding budgeting for service delivery activities and HRH planning
- Coordinates closely with the Senior Health Financing Advisor and other project technical staff to introduce new payment methods and manage health financing and economics related activities
- Provides analytical and evaluative techniques to identify, consider, and resolve health financing policy issues or problems.
- Uses various quantitative and qualitative techniques to perform financing and policy analysis tasks.
- Is responsible for the development of activity-specific work plans and budgets.
- Participates in and prepares necessary technical and program-related reports, including presentations and white papers.
- Guides and supports research, data collection, policy formulation, training and capacity building efforts in support of project activities and deliverables.
- Ensures quality of services and compliance per project / program requirements.
- Organizes as needed project / program trainings, conferences, workshops, and meetings.
- Interacts with internal and external resources and other experts to bring new and “cutting edge” ideas into approaches.
- Prepares health financing analyses, recommendations, briefing notes, and assessments for internal and client use.
- Represent IHP at health financing meetings / events and actively participate in the state health financing
- Technical Working Group and other relevant technical committees.
- Documents health financing success stories / lessons learned and produce publishable health financing materials including policy briefs and peer-reviewed articles.
- Represents the projects, company, and programs in the health financing area in Nigerian and regional forums, as necessary.
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Minimum Education and Experience Required:
The following may be acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training:
- Advanced degree (MA, MSc, PhD) in economics or health economics with academic specialization in health financing or commensurate work experience in health finance
- At least 5 years of health finance experience in Nigeria
- Sound knowledge in FCT’s governance and health finance landscape
- Sound knowledge of methodologies used in health finance research, economic analysis, cost-effectiveness analysis, quantitative analysis, and statistical/econometric analysis
- Knowledge of relevant literature related to topic area
- Demonstrated problem solving, analytic, financial, and evaluative skills
- Attention to detail and ability to effectively and efficiently perform multiple tasks and balance competing priorities often within a required timeframe
- Professional and mature demeanor and conduct
- Ability to respond and adapt quickly to changing requirements and competing demands
- Appropriate software skills necessary to conduct research, and to conduct analysis of study data, such as STATA, SPSS, or equivalent
- Strong written and oral communication skills for high-level policy audiences (writing examples may be required)
- Fluency in English required, and local languages preferred
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.