Dangote Group is one of Nigeria’s most diversified business conglomerates with a hard – earned reputation for excellent business practices and products’ quality with its operational headquarters in the bustling metropolis of Lagos, Nigeria in West Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head, Recruitment – Cement Industry
Job Type: Full time
- Drive the implementation of programs to actualize DCP Nigeria and across Pan Africa’s approved recruitment strategies.
- To formulate and proactively implement appropriate strategies and plans to identify, attract, select, and hire the best talent to meet the manpower needs of the company.
- To coordinate and monitor timely and efficient execution of all recruitment activities company-wide
- Champion the implementation of group approved recruitment strategies and plans within DCP Nigeria and across Pan Africa.
- Participate in the design and drive execution of appropriate systems/ frameworks to support recruitment in DCP.
- Plan and develop forecasts for DCP’s workforce requirement, track and monitor country-wide manning levels.
- Liaise with relevant officers within the Group for identification, selection and hiring of best-in-class talent to meet DCP’s resource needs; liaise with relevant Group officers accordingly.
- Ensure documentation of appropriate employer/ employee agreements, terms and conditions of work in line with Country specific Labour Law requirements and DCP’s provisions.
- Oversee the management of the recruitment budget for DCP Nigeria and authorize relevant expenditure in line with approved manual of authority.
- Oversee recruitment activities (vacancy identification, advertisement, candidate screening, testing, interviewing, etc.) as defined in the approved framework and plan.
- Maintain communication with functional heads to obtain timely information on potential vacancies.
- Liaise with relevant department or third party organisation for timely publication of vacancy advertisements.
- Promptly escalate organisational and/ or recruitment issues to the Group Chief Human Resource Officer.
- Maintain an accurate database of manning levels across the country and Pan Africa and proactively identify variations with approved manning.
- Oversee documentation of employer/ employee agreements, terms and conditions of work in line with the country’s industrial requirements and DCP’s HR policy.
- Liaise with the Regional HR Advisor & Head, Organisational Development to update employee/ industrial agreements (including terms and conditions of work), in line with current economic or political realities.
- Stay abreast of best practices in recruitment to provide valuable input for informed decision making
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Group Chief Human Resource Officer.
- Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in any discipline.
- Post graduate degree in an HR related discipline.
- Professional qualification in HR Management e.g. Senior Professional in HR (SPHR), Chartered Institute of Personnel Management (CIPM) will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of twenty seven (27) years relevant work experience.
- Good knowledge of the cement manufacturing industry in terms of trends, challenges, opportunities, regulations, legislation etc.
- Very good knowledge and understanding of relevant HR management process areas such as manpower planning and recruitment.
- Very good knowledge of techniques, tools and basic considerations for performing manpower/ workload analysis.
- Good understanding of employee/industrial relations, as well as an appreciation of the dynamics of the labour and employment legislations in the specific country of operation.
- Strong leadership and relationship management skills.
- Very good presentation and communication skills.
- Excellent organisation and project management skills
- Very good business writing skills.
- Private Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Training & Development
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online