Vodstra Limited – Our client in the Haulage Business require the services of a competent industry professional to drive its operations within the capacity below:
Job Title: Head of Operations
Employment Type: Full-time
Specific Job Functions
- Improve business processes to enhance the performance of the Company
- Manage Expenses and put in place procurement processes that will enhance accountability
- Implement the scheduling of trucks to achieve the Company’s operational and financial targets.
- Coordinate drivers to achieve the revenue of each vehicle per trip
- Ensure that roadworthy trucks proceed on each journey that meets standards
- Engage quality new drivers with a track record of good performance and experience
- Oversee the workshop to ensure scheduled maintenance is carried out on the vehicles consistently and to ensure that vehicles are not unnecessary delayed in the workshop
- Ensure vehicle comply with take-off schedule at all times and recommend drivers who breach this procedure for sanctions
- Source and acquired original spare parts
- Ensure all Assets are fully Utilized and turnaround time (TAT) is maintained at all times
- Liaise with the Clients for Profitable business, routes, and reduced downtime
- Shall ensure strict adherence to safety rules of the Company
- Minimum qualification – HND in Mechanical Engineering or in transport-related course from a recognized Tertiary Institution
- Must have at least 10 years post qualification experience in the Logistics Industry with 7 Years in a Senior management position
- Must have a pool of qualified drivers who are ready for the job
- Must have a good understanding of the truck maintenance
- Must have a good rapport with the Management of NBL Nigeria, Dangote, Guinness Nigeria, and other companies that require the use of Silo, short trucks, and Trailers
- Must be a member of a recognized professional body.
Application Closing Date
20th December, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the Job Title and state of residence as the mail subject.