Dangote Group is one of Nigeria’s most diversified business conglomerates with a hard-earned reputation for excellent business practices and products’ quality with its operational headquarters in the bustling metropolis of Lagos, Nigeria in West Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head, Learning & Development – Cement Industry
Job Type: Full time
- Assume overall responsibility for the development and implementation of a learning and development strategy, including relevant programmes and initiatives along the employee lifecycle, aimed at developing staff capability and ensuring availability of critical skills required for success within the DCP environment.
- Oversee the implementation and management of the effective delivery of approved trainings to DCP employees, to equip staff with the knowledge, practical skills and motivation to carry out work-related tasks.
- Demonstrate ownership for the implementation of learning and development policies and procedures.
- Ensure the implementation of DCP’s Learning & Development plans in line with approved training curricula for generic and function-specific trainings in the country.
- Oversee collation and review of learning and development requirements for employees across job grades and functions to ensure alignment with job competency requirements and identified performance gaps.
- Ensure optimal adoption of approved training curricula and plans across the country.
- Review and approve (or recommend for management approval) changes to relevant training documents such as curriculum, schedule and plan.
- Monitor and ensure compliance with learning and development policies, procedures and schedules in the country.
- Participate in the evaluation of third party training providers and make selection recommendations to the Group Chief Human Resource Officer.
- Ensure valuable contributions are made by the country to the group’s centralised knowledge repository based on DCP’s skills needs.
- Develop and manage the country’s training budget and ensure implementation within approved limits
- Oversee the review of compiled lists of generic and functional Learning and Development requirements and liaise with functional heads to check for completeness.
- Liaise with HR Advisers to ensure effective training delivery of relevant Plant trainings.
- Identify the need for changes to training documents such as curriculum, schedule and plan (where necessary); and make recommendations to the Group Chief Human Resource Officer.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Group Chief Human Resource Officer
- Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in any discipline.
- Post graduate degree in an HR related discipline.
- Professional qualification in HR Management e.g. Senior Professional in HR (SPHR), Chartered Institute of Personnel Management (CIPM) will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of twenty seven (27) years relevant work experience.
- Very good knowledge of the cement manufacturing industry in terms of trends, challenges, opportunities, regulations, legislation etc.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of the components of the following HR process areas Management relating to Learning & Development.
- Good administration and organisational skills.
- Advanced problem solving skills
- Strong leadership and relationship management skills.
- Very good communication and presentation skills.
- Very good business writing skills.
- High level of professionalism and integrity
- Private Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Training & Development
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online