Dangote Group is one of Nigeria’s most diversified business conglomerates with a hard – earned reputation for excellent business practices and products’ quality with its operational headquarters in the bustling metropolis of Lagos, Nigeria in West Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head, HAM & Admin (Plant) – Cement Industry
Job Type: Full time
- Drive the implementation of approved HAM & Admin policies to ensure efficient management of human and material resources in the Plant.
- Ensure adherence to approved best practices in HAM & Admin policies, procedures, and processes and instil the Organisation’s culture and values in plant staff.
- Oversee the implementation of DCP’s approved HAM & Admin programs at the plant.
- Communicate DCP’s overall objectives to subordinates and ensure mutual understanding of roles, responsibilities, and accountabilities at the plant.
- Articulate the department’s plans, ensuring alignment with country-wide programs and objectives.
- Oversee the use of approved systems/ framework to support learning and development, career and performance management activities in the plant.
- Resolve HR issues at the Plant and escalate to the Group Chief Human Resource Officer where necessary.
- Oversee collation of staff vacancies at the plant, verify and forward to relevant Head Office department.
- Provide guidance on the implementation of approved career and performance management practices in the plant.
- Assume overall responsibility for timely payment of temporary staff on the plant.
- Monitor periodically to ensure maximum participation in scheduled training activities for Plant employees.
- Drive the implementation of a first class maintenance and management culture for all office and residential buildings in the Plant’s portfolio.
- Monitor to ensure conformance of the plant’s facility management practices to approved Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) policies and procedures.
- Conduct periodic inspections to examine the conditions of the plant’s facilities and ensure that maintenance contractors adhere to agreed Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
- Drive the implementation of the organisation’s fleet management and operations plan to meet current, emerging and future transportation needs.
- Oversee the Plant’s fleet (official and pool vehicles) to ensure optimal usage and functionality; and minimize vehicle down time.
- Perform periodic checks to ensure the relevant security controls are in place in the plant.
- Escalate administrative issues to the Plant Director, General Services or relevant Head Office function for speedy resolution.
- Manage the department’s budget and approve expenditure as defined in the manual of authority.
- Obtain information from unit heads on HAM & Admin activities, review and collate for periodic management reporting
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the Plant Director, General Services (or Group Chief Human Resource Officer).
- Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in a Social Sciences or related discipline.
- Minimum of twenty seven (27) years relevant work experience
- Good understanding of trends, challenges, opportunities, regulations and legislations relating to the cement manufacturing industry.
- Sound knowledge of DCP’s business operations, product and service offerings.
- Good knowledge and understanding of key HR management components (learning and development, performance & career management, leave management, reward and recognition, issues resolution).
- Good understanding of employee/industrial relations, as well as an appreciation of the dynamics of the labour and employment legislations in countries where the Group has a presence.
- Knowledge of relevant applications to support HR and administration operations.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Very good people management and networking skills.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Private Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Training & Development
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online