Interswitch is an Africa-focused integrated digital payments and commerce company that facilitates the electronic circulation of money as well as the exchange of value between individuals and organisations on a timely and consistent basis. We started operations in 2002 as a transaction switching and electronic payments processing, and have progressively evolved into an integrated payment services company, building and managing payment infrastructure as well as delivering innovative payment products and transactional services throughout the African continent. At Interswitch, we offer unique career opportunities for individuals capable of playing key roles and adding value in an innovative and fun environment.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head, Digital Transformation
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- The Head, Digital Transformation will be responsible for providing leadership and for the development and implementation of digital transformation initiatives in Technology.
- In order for the technology team to support the business on its digital transformation journey, the technology organization must transform itself through a series of automation and transformation initiatives.
Strategy & Planning:
- Be a culture change agent who has lived with the most modern engineering practices and seeks them out.
- Define and build development infrastructure platform processes that enhance the consistency and efficiency of engineering teams’ software development practices.
- Lead the automation of infrastructure deployment by implementing infrastructure as code. We should no longer create ‘environments’ manually.
- Lead the integration of IT security into the full life cycle of the apps. We should no longer need to ‘patch’ our servers.
- Lead the migration to public cloud for software applications where this makes it makes the most sense to benefit from the features and power of the public cloud
- Develop and drive a technical community across the organization that fosters innovation, agile design and test methodology, flexible teaming, knowledge sharing and talent transformation. Especially changing engineering and technology mindset to building for the cloud.
- Lead, support and provide guidance for any digital transformation initiative that helps to empower our employees.
- Lead, support and provide guidance for any digital transformation initiative that helps to better engage our customers. Think delivery of support through messaging apps and bots
- Lead and provide guidance for our data strategy and governance while leveraging our big data platform and related technologies
- Continually monitors technology trends and proposes how these new approaches can be used to optimize technology operations
- Lead the research, prototyping and productization of new concepts within the digital transformation team
- Communicate the technical and infrastructure vision with the development team and collaborate to ensure top-quality execution across all teams
- Analyze and improve the software quality, including scalability, stability and security by automating build pipelines and integrating security into the DevOps process
- Provide proof-of-concept, yet production-grade infrastructure and automation code prototypes that set examples to the broader team regarding new technologies or design patterns.
- Periodically review infrastructure code and direct systematic enhancements
- Stay up to date with software and hardware technologies and solutions to ensure proper toolsets serve Interswitch presently and into the future
- Ensuring, and embodying, the principles of agility, devops, and agility-at-scale at the organizational level – promoting the evolution of working practices, operating models and ways of working.
- Helping define “gold standard” images, tools, libraries, frameworks, and/or coding techniques that enable and streamline secure software development.
Formal Education & Certification:
- University degree in the field of Computer Science or “STEM” major (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) or related field.
Knowledge & Experience:
- A minimum of 12 years of technical experience along with 6 years of experience leading multi-discipline technical teams across multiple service types, ideally in payment and core technology environments.
- A minimum of 6 years as software architect, especially for a large and complex software project.
- A minimum 2 years’ experience delivering data and analytics solutions which address internal / external customer challenges, including architecting as-a-service models
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in the development and deployment of modern machine learning, as well as experience driving and executing cloud and digital technology strategies.
- Experience building and supporting complex, high-concurrency SaaS products, from the lead developer or architect role.
- In-depth knowledge of various database technology including relational databases, real-time databases and NoSQL databases.
- Experience developing for and managing Kubernetes clusters
- Experience creating automated software development build pipelines
- In-depth knowledge with various techniques and tools for implementing infrastructure-as-code and automations such as Ansible, Terraform and Chef.
- Experience with the popular public clouds such as AWS and Azure.
- Proven leadership ability.
- Ability to set and manage priorities judiciously.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong tactical skills.
- Ability to articulate ideas to both technical and non-technical addressees.
- Exceptionally self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Superior analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities.
- Exceptional service orientation.
- Ability to motivate in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online