Guinness Nigeria PLC is a major market for Diageo: Guinness Nigeria operates in the unique and fast growing alcohol industry of over 15mhl beer potential. It is the only company that does Total Beverage Alcohol (TBA) in Nigeria. It’s an on trade dominated market but with a fast growing off trade channel.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Blending Technician
Ref Id: JR1042025
Location: Benin Brewery, Edo
Job Type: Full time
Worker Type: Regular
- Blend all Guinness Nigeria MSS brands to the required specification, and ensure they are blended in line with all the food safety standards.
- Deliver best possible plant operation by maximising plant availability and efficiency of operation through execution of Planned Preventative Maintenance schedules.
- Interface with SAP PM as appropriate Optimise product quality, through continuous observation and attention to detail, delivering RFT against the Global Finished Product Specification on quality and control parameters.
- Respond to non-conformances in a timely manner to keep process on track.
- Apply, record & share learning’s or RCPS Root Cause Problem Solving to prevent re-occurrence.
- Manage raw materials and spares required by their plant and equipment – includes draw down stock from locally provided “bins” and be accountable for whatever stock is drawn down With support from Team Lead and Spirits Operations
- Manager, achieve production plans and key performance targets, and deliver agreed Customer Service levels
- Manage the operation of all key equipment to operate within world class levels of waste management.
- Ensure all the Diageo Health, Safety and Environmental policies and procedures are fully adhered.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- OND or any Nationally recognised equivalent certificate in any of these science courses (Chemistry, Microbiology, Food Technology and Biochemistry), and ideally have an appropriate qualification in Brewing or Distilling
- Minimum of 2 to 3 years’ experience/competence in Operations, Process Control and Performance Measurement in a brewery, Distillery, drinks or food manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrate detailed understanding of Permit to Work system and GNPLC SHE policies, statutory requirements and responsibilities.
- Demonstrate understanding of teamwork principles, continuous improvement, preventative maintenance and problem solving.
- Respond to change in a positive and flexible manner and sustain a positive outlook across a range of situations/challenges.
- High level of energy and commitment to team-based achievement and high interpersonal effectiveness to develop & sustain robust relationships.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online