Greenlight Planet is a multinational, for-profit business that designs, distributes, and finances solar-powered home energy products, with an underserved population in mind: the 1.3 billion global consumers for whom the old-fashioned electrical grid is either unavailable or too expensive.
Over a decade in business, the company is now a leading global brand in emerging markets across Asia and Sub-Saharan Africa. Greenlight’s Sun King™ products provide modern light and energy to 26 million people in more than 40 countries and have sold over 10.5 million products worldwide.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Customer Service Quality and Training Manager
Locations: Kenya, Nigeria, Uganda, Tanzania
Reporting to: Customer Service Leader, Africa
- As the Customer Experience Training and Quality Manager, you will work with the Africa Customer Experience team, located in each of the Greenlight markets. The role focus is to develop, implement and improve training programs to help local teams enhance our customer engagement behavior, and ensure that the call centre team is engaged in best in class customer support.
- A candidate successful in this role would be someone who understands adult learning, is cognizant of cultural diversity in learning styles and can analyze training effectiveness through quantitative and qualitative analysis. This candidate would also have experience in managing and developing team members to support training and quality analysis.
- Responsible for monitoring of calls for quality assurance purposes.
- Established and communicated training materials that results to excellent customer service and company growth.
- Work with customer experience leads in regions to maximize productivity and quality while working towards reducing costs.
- Implementing directed corrective measures required to meet standards.
- Developing digital and print educational material (e.g. videos and manuals).
- Conducting role-playing activities to develop interpersonal skills (e.g. negotiation, teamwork and conflict management)
- Engage QA team /Schedule regular training sessions for the quality assessors by ensuring they are equipped with the right tools of trade and content to deliver proper quality checks (e.g. monthly or quarterly)
- Ensure new hires take on basic Call Centre /customer service training courses, including communication and troubleshooting skills.
- Liaise with managers and encourage on-the-job coaching (e.g. how to handle difficult client cases).
- Coordinate mentorship programs for new customer service representatives.
- Assess the impact of each educational course on staff performance and client satisfaction.
- Maintain updated records of training curricula and material.
- Incharge of Quality assessors and works directly with them by ensuring that call quality guidelines and standard operations are executed as required by mentoring and developing improvement plans and call insights objectives.
- Development of tiered training program and modules for new hire onboarding for Customer Experience team members.
- Management of regional training programs and team members responsible for implementation in each market.
- Management and enhancement of quality assessment tools and evaluations regionally.
- Source, chart and analyze data to support company goals .
- Research and define the root cause of issues, and communicate clearly and in a friendly manner to solve the issues while building loyalty with the customers.
- Analyze effectiveness of current strategies; identify opportunities for improvement.
- Report regularly on KPIs at all levels within the organization for transparency and data informed decision making.
- Work with CX leadership on optimizing utilization of CRM tools and determine best practices or opportunities for improvement.
- Maintain accurate documentation for all tools and training updates.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Training and Development, Organizational Development, Computer Science.
- Minimum 3 -5years experience in training and customer service skills.
- 3 years experience in leadership .
- Demonstrated working knowledge of instructional design/technology and organizational development principles.
- Specific computer applications include: Excel, Access, and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated proficiency in developing and administering training needs assessments, analyzing organizational challenges, and developing organization solutions that have a measurable impact on addressing performance gaps/problems.
- Strong statistical and data management skills.
- Ability to analyze and summarize complex situations.
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Previous experience in managing Quality and assurance in a call centre set up.
- We are looking for someone who is driven, passionate and excited about the opportunity to bring honest, affordable, energy to homes in Africa and Asia. If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you.
Greenlight Planet offers a competitive salary, a fun, supportive work environment and opportunities for continued professional growth within a fast-growing global enterprise.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online