The OPEC Fund for International Development is a multilateral development finance institution established in 1976. Our 12 Member Countries are: Algeria, Ecuador, Gabon, Indonesia, the Islamic Republic of Iran, Iraq, Kuwait, Libya, Nigeria, Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, and the Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Funding Officer – Treasury, Financial Operations Department
- The position of Funding Officer-Treasury is responsible for supporting the OPEC Fund’s borrowing program including Treasury operations with respect to ratings, issuance and investor relations activities.
- The candidate coordinates with other functions and stakeholders in the funding process across the Fund in accordance with the borrowing strategy and framework.
- Furthermore, the position holder is expected to have acquired the necessary experience and skills to fulfil the responsibilities related to debt funding, fixed income trading and hedging operations. The position has no supervisory function/s.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in the development and execution of OPEC Fund’s annual borrowing program in accordance with the Board’s approved liquidity policy
- Formulate new funding strategies, taking note of net cash requirements, current market conditions and future debt market projections
- Take part in the resource mobilization activities from capital markets through recommending and executing transactions based on target size, terms, currency, and maturity, while ensuring compliance with the Fund’s policies and borrowing strategy
- Assist in the structuring of bond issues and obtaining clearance from the relevant committees while maintaining compliance with the OPEC Fund’s risk management policies relating to liquidity, treasury operations and ALM
- Negotiate with financial institutions, execute borrowing transactions and related swaps in accordance with approved terms and ensure timely completion and accuracy of documentation with the assistance of the Legal Department
- Research and recommend trustees, paying agents and other related parties for execution of capital market activities
- Prepare OPEC Fund’s Information Statement and prospectuses/offering circulars for new borrowing, ensuring accuracy and completeness of information contained therein
- Participate in deal roadshows, investor conferences and develop investor database/portal
- Develop a relationship with key external stakeholders, including bond investors, regulators, banks, rating agencies, external auditors, external legal advisors etc.
- Align with Senior Funding Officer and other functions within the Financial Operations Department as well as other stakeholders in the funding process across the Fund
- Carry out other related duties as may be directed by the Director, Treasury.
Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in Business Administration, Finance, or related fields
- A minimum of 5-7 years of relevant experience
- Preferably 3 years of experience in an international development institution.
- Working knowledge of debt capital markets, fixed income portfolio management, derivatives, asset-liability management, and financial and risk management
- Proven skills in trading, risk management and hedging
- Fluent in English. Good working knowledge of other major languages is an added advantage.
- Strong interpersonal, teamwork and analytical skills, as well as high level of integrity and drive for achieving results
- Proficient in the use of Treasury Management Systems and Bloomberg’s information and trading platforms
- Ability to work in an international multi-cultural environment, with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online