The Federal University of Petroleum Resources, Effurun (FUPRE) was established in March 2007 by the Federal Government of Nigeria with the mandate to train and build specialized capacity and relevant expertise for The Oil and Gas sector of the national and global economy.
FUPRE is the first of its kind on the African continent and it is an institution of first choice destination with state-of-the-art facilities to provide world- class education through teaching, research, consultancy and extension services.
The Governing Council of the Federal University of Petroleum Resources, Effurun, Delta State hereby announces that the position below at the University is vacant. Pursuant to the provisions of the Universities (Miscellaneous Provisions) (Amendment) Act 2012 and the FUPRE (Establishment) Act 2017, the Council invites applications from suitably qualified candidates, with cognate experience in University administration, for the position below:
Job Title: Registrar
- The Registrar is the Chief Administrative Officer of the University. He/she shall be responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the day-to-day administration of the University, policy matters for the Council except on financial matters for which the Bursar is responsible.
- The Registrar is, by virtue of his office, the Secretary to the Governing Council and other statutory bodies such as the Senate, Congregation and Convocation as enshrined in the First Schedule, Section 5 (2) of the FUPRE (Establishment) Act, 2017.
- He shall in addition, perform such other functions as may be directed by the Governing Council and the Vice-Chancellor.
- The candidate(s) for the post of Registrar must possess a good honours degree in relevant discipline obtained from a recognized University. Possession of a higher degree(s) will be an added advantage.
- Candidate(s) for the post is expected to be in excellent health condition and exudes pleasant disposition. In addition, candidates must be ICT compliant.
- The candidate(s) for the post of Registrar must have had at least 15 years post-qualification cognate experience in a public University where he/she must have served as a Deputy Registrar for not less than five (5) years.
- He/she must have a knack for sound judgement, unquestionable integrity and dependability to command respect of the University community and to carry colleagues along.
- Candidate must provide a vision statement of not more than 500 words relating to the University in his 5-year tenure with particular reference to the administration and control of the financial affairs of the University.
- The successful candidates for the office of the Registrar shall have a single term of five (5) years from the effective date of appointment.
Salary and Conditions of Service
- The remuneration and other conditions of service is as applicable to the post of a Registrar of Federal Universities in Nigeria and as may be determined from time to time by the Federal Government of Nigeria and the University’s Governing Council as appropriate.
Application Closing Date
29th December, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their Applications with thirty (30) copies of their detailed CV. Candidates should highlight the following in the order indicated below:
- Full Name (Surname first, in capital letters)
- Place and Date of Birth
- Marital Status
- Number and Ages of Children
- Postal Address
- Permanent Home Address
- State of Origin and LGA
- E-mail Address and Phone Numbers
- Schools attended with dates
- Qualifications obtained with dates i.e. Degree(s), (including Dates/Class, and Institutions) and/or any other qualifications and distinctions (photocopies of certificates to be attached)
- Previous employment(s); Position(s), Date(s)
- Membership of Professional Bodies
- Present employment, Status, Salary (detail with work schedule)
- Names and Addresses of three (3) referees.
Applicants are expected to request their referees to forward their reports under confidential cover with the envelope marked post of Registrar as applicable, directly to the Vice-Chancellor.
Applicants should submit under confidential cover in sealed envelopes marked Post of Registrar as applicable, to reach the Vice-Chancellor to:
Federal University of Petroleum Resources,
P.M.B. 1221, Effurun,