The Federal Government of Nigeria and the International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD) have approved the establishment of Country Programme Advisory Team (CPAT) for the coordination of all IFAD funded projects in Nigeria. The team is to ensure quality and provide unified and result based services to the country programmes in the following thematlc areas; Monitoring & Evaluation, Youth and Gender Mainstreaming, Climate change adaptation and Environment, Nutrition main- streaming, Financial inclusion, Finance and Expenditure Management, Communication and Knowledge Management.
To facilitate the composition of the Team, applications are invited for the position below:
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Advisor (M & EA)
- Reporting to the Lead CPA, the M&EA is responsible for providing guidance to all the IFAD projects on the overall monitoring and evaluation (M&E) strategy and the implementation of related activities, S/he is responsible for ensuring the alignment of the M&E strategy with the M&E strategy and arrangements of the FMARD to ensure the harmonized tracking of the results of the implementation of IFAD projects.
- S / he is responsible for ensuring that the CPAT provides timely and relevant information to stakeholders of the IFAD Country Programme.
- Develop the overall M&E strategy and protocols that are in alignment with FMARD and IFAD requirements.
- Developing M&E manual and performance monitoring plans/schemes in addition to adopting the standard methodology of results measurement;
- Participate in FMARD and/or IFAD supervision and evaluation missions to identify lessons learned and implications for the projects’ next steps.
- Build the capacity of projects staff and implementing partners staff to undertake effective data collection, analysis and reporting through refresher training; and enhance participatory planning and monitoring capacity for projects staff and stakeholders through local, external or virtual learning and sharing events.
- Undertake other M&E tasks as required.
- The duration of the assignment will be for an initial Iwo years, renewable annually based on the successful completion of a one-year probational period, and availability of resources
Qualification and Experience
- Masters or higher-level university degree in Agricultural Economics, Social Sciences, Economics, Statistics or any other relevant field.
- A minimum of 10 years’ proven work experience in designing and implementing M&E of results-based programme or project, i areas sudi as agriculture, natural resources, rural finance and policy.
- Proficient int he use of databases and spread-sheets, statistical and other software packages Preferably STATA, SPSS, CAPM, Microsoft office tool (particularly Excel and Access) for quantitative and qualitative analysis, and demonstrated skills In quantitative and qualitative analysis and data management.
- Proficient in the use of modem information and communication technology (ICr) in development, and excellent knowledge of computer – based communications tools, in particular web-and mobile-based technology.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
Application Closing Date