The Federal Government of Nigeria in partnership with the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) invites applications from suitable candidates for:
Title: Nigeria Jubilee Fellows Programme (NJFP)
Slots: 20,000 Openings
About the Programme
- Empowering Nigerian graduates with opportunities. The Nigeria Jubilee Fellows Programme (NJFP) is a youth empowerment partnership initiative between the Federal Government of Nigeria and the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP).
- Rising unemployment and the COVID-19 pandemic are all impacting the ability of young Nigerians to find work.
- The programme seeks to connect talented graduates with local job opportunities that apply their expertise, while equipping them with world-class practical knowledge and relevant skills. It does not matter if you have no job experience!
Why the Nigeria Jubilee Fellows Programme?
- Other programs and initiatives tend to require some sort of advanced requirement from applicants or lower the entry bar in terms of the kind of opportunities that are available. NJFP does the opposite by inviting qualified applicants across a level playing field without compromising the pedigree of organizations that will play host to successful Fellows.
- The programme will serve all of Nigeria – from North to South and East to West – ensuring that organisations and youth from all corners of the country can participate.
To be an eligible fellow, you must:
- Must be a Nigerian citizen.
- Be a fresh graduate (Bachelor’s Degree) from any discipline and graduated not earlier than 2017.
- Graduate with at least a Second Class Lower (2.2) and above.
- Be at most 30 years old.
- Not currently engaged in any employment.
- Have completed the mandatory National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) OR have a certificate of exemption from the NYSC.
- Demonstrate interest/commitment in chosen career field.
- Demonstrate interest/commitment to contributing to Nigeria’s socio-economic development.
- Have excellent time management and a professional attitude.
- Have good verbal and written communication skills.
Benefits for Fellows
- We are challenging the narrative that world class opportunities only exist outside our borders.The Nigeria Jubilee Fellows Programme equips the next generation of young leaders who are poised to steer the course of national development by giving them the tools they need to succeed, today.
- Other programmes and initiatives tend to require some sort of advanced requirement from applicants or lower the entry bar in terms of the kind of opportunities that are available. NJFP does the opposite, by inviting qualified applicants across a level playing field without compromising the pedigree of organisations that will play host to successful Fellows.
- Fellows will be matched with host organisations based on their interests as well as those aligned to the organisation
- They will receive a monthly stipend from NJFP
- 3 clear pathways are available for the Jubilee Fellow at the end of their active engagement in the fellowship:
- High performing Jubilee Fellows may go on to be retained by their respective host organisations.
- Fellows with interest in entrepreneurship would have garnered sufficient skills and knowledge on the job which will be invaluable as they pursue other opportunities
- With newly acquired on-the-job skills & competencies, experience. exposure and a formidable alumni network which can be leveraged, fellows are better positioned and equipped to compete and access future jobs and employment opportunities.
Application Closing Date
20th October, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: After completing the application form, an email will be sent to the provided email address. If you do not receive an email, check your Spam/Junk folder in case the email ended up there.