Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved – and is committed to continuing to improve – economies, societies and most importantly, people’s lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Advisor, Nigeria Strengthening Civic Advocacy & Local Engagement
Reference No.: req10029
Duration: 5 years (October 2020- October 2025)
Project Overview and Role
- The objective of the SCALE Activity is to support civil society organizations (CSOs) and business membership organizations (BMOs) across all of USAID/Nigeria’s programmatic sectors with a basket of managerial, business strengthening, and advocacy capacity-building interventions aimed at advancing Nigerian CSO sustainability combined with targeted grants to advance mutually agreed upon priorities. The activity is designed to enhance local civil society organizations’ ability to be positive and responsible change agents in Nigeria.
- The MEL Advisor will lead all monitoring, evaluation and learning program activities. In this capacity, s/he will establish systems for gathering, reporting and analyzing performance data for impact and sustainability of project implementation. S/he will coordinate and manage all monitoring, evaluation and research tasks and deliverables for the project and ensure that all required reports and documentation for the project’s internal management systems and for external reporting are produced according to USAID/Nigeria guidelines. S/he will link M&E data to a process of learning and adaptation.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides strategic guidance, vision and management for successful monitoring and evaluation of the activity.
- Supervises MEL staff and ensures the strategic and functional integration of all MEL activities as well as active collaboration with sub-awardees and USAID.
- Oversees all MEL activities, provides technical direction and support, and ensures the accurate reporting of results for program activities.
- Provide technical leadership to capture and communicate program results, as well as ensure high-quality, timely, valid and verifiable data collection, reporting and analysis.
- Ensure a process of continual learning and adaptation resulting from applied political economic analysis of various sectors and government levels
- Harmonize M&E data collection and reporting systems with USAID policies and indicators.
- Monitor and report on activities required to communicate program results and improve implementation, which includes establishing systems to gather, report and analyze performance data for impact and sustainability of project implementation; overseeing data collection processes as required within the project parameters
- Oversee preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual progress reports on the status of project implementation; contribute to other project reports such as annual work plans.
- Review and update the project’s MEL plan on an on-going basis.
- Progressively responsible experience in designing, managing and implementing results-based MEL activities.
- Demonstrated relevant technical skills in analyzing quantitative and qualitative data,
- Extensive knowledge of reporting procedures, best practices, guidelines, and tools for monitoring, evaluation and learning.
- Strong knowledge of USAID rules and regulations, as well as best practices in M&E
- Strong organizational skills and oral/written communication skills in English.
- Experience with USAID-funded governance programs highly desired.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online