The Management Sciences for Health (MSH), a global health nonprofit organization, uses proven approaches developed over 40 years to help leaders, health managers, and communities in developing nations build stronger health systems for greater health impact. We work to save lives by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Director of Partnerships
Ref Id: R214
Job Type: Full time
- The Director of Partnerships is a valuable member of the Business Development & Partnerships (BDP) team and will be instrumental in driving MSH’s 2018-2023 organizational strategy.
- The Director will lead the organization to coalesce around a vision and strategy for partnerships and resource mobilization.
- S/he will work across MSH teams to champion engagement strategies and plans for foundations, corporations, and other strategic partners.
- S/he is responsible for developing and managing a multi-year pipeline of diverse funding opportunities and achieving revenue targets within budget.
- The Director of Partnerships will represent MSH in its organizational memberships as well as other events/conferences in order to build MSH’s reputation and brand among foundation and corporate audiences.
- Successful candidates will have technical knowledge of the field, will be able to draw on existing networks and connections, and will be personally motivated.
Advances MSH’s Global Partnerships (20%):
- Develops and executes diverse donor and partner engagement strategies and plans.
- Establishes, develops, and maintains strong relationships with foundations, corporations, and other strategic partners.
- Works closely with other leaders at MSH (MSH Board of Directors, President and CEO, the MSH Leadership Team and MSH Country Leaders) to secure partners who will support MSH’s mission.
- Represents MSH in its organizational memberships as well as other events/conferences in order to build MSH’s reputation and brand among foundation and corporate audiences.
- Tracks the progress of partnerships, updating data and strategic information routinely in Salesforce, providing regular updates to management and adjusting where necessary to ensure the partnerships evolve with MSH.
Pipeline and Proposal Management (25%):
- Develops and manages a multi-year pipeline of new funding opportunities to ensure that MSH consistently delivers at or above long-term revenue goals within budget.
- Shepherds specific opportunities through go/no-go decision making processes and strategic investment case reviews.
- Uses technical expertise and experience to guide proposal development and writing by working with teams to develop and customize marketing materials, pitch presentations, concept notes, as well as applications for funding to potential diverse donor and partner needs.
- Leads negotiations with donors, in collaboration with other business units.
- Conducts proposal reviews.
Business Strategy (45%):
- Researches current and future sector trends through desk research and through virtual and in-person networking.
- Sets and achieves annual revenue targets and other financial measures for corporate and foundation funding of MSH.
- Work with the relevant stakeholders to develop and implement innovative approaches and strategies for new and emerging business areas.
Team Effectiveness and Management (10%):
- Serves as member of BDP senior management team, providing strategic direction to the function has a whole.
- Participates in annual corporate work planning and periodic after action reviews of proposals.
- Ensures effective use of internal systems (Salesforce, Costpoint, etc.).
- Contributes to developing and/or refining guides, tools, specific trainings or discussion fora, and one-on-one or group coaching and mentoring sessions related to areas of responsibility.
- Engages and inspires internal stakeholders.
- Responsible for sharing donor engagement best practices and contributing to the knowledge base through participation in relevant forums and networks.
- A postgraduate education in a field of study closely related to the assigned responsibilities, or equivalent experience.
- A minimum of 8 years of related experience is required. 12 years of progressively responsible experience is preferred.
- Experience in and passion for international public health highly preferred.
- Proven track record in strategy development, networking, and cultivating relationships with foundations and corporations, as well as global, regional, and local partners.
- Demonstrated success in developing and negotiating successful funding pitches and applications.
- Demonstrated success in creating teams and managing diverse internal relationships to achieve goals.
- Proven experience in collaboratively setting targets and increasing revenues, thereby meeting or exceeding goals.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Comprehensive understanding of public health in developing countries and in-depth understanding of global international development trends, issues and structures.
- Ability to analyse and synthesize diverse sources of information to identify current and emerging funding and technical trends.
- Ability to cultivate and maintain functional, valuable, and productive relationships, both, across the organization–especially with senior leadership team and key technical staff – as well as with current and potential donors and partners inside and outside of the US.
- Strong organizational skills, and ability to multi-task and manage multiple competing priorities across time zones.
- Strong written and verbal English-language communication skills, knowledge of a second language preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in managing complex projects that are strategic in nature and international in scope.
- Skilled in creating powerful, compelling written and oral communications for fundraising. Ability to convey complex ideas through brief, simple materials. Experience and credibility when presenting materials to internal and external audiences.
- Proven ability to work successfully with multiple constituencies, both internal and external.
- Entrepreneurial spirit with the ability to take initiative and actively seek out new work.
- Experience working with senior corporate executives, foundation executives and senior program officers, and ability to cultivate these kinds of existing relationships.
- Mission-driven and self-directed, with passion, integrity, and a positive attitude.
- Ability to work in a highly matrixed and complex environment to achieve common goals and objectives.
- Ability to communicate with impact and follow through on activities.
- Ability to travel to the US and countries in which MSH operates.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online